Wheels&Wings
vem
rads
GB (captain?) - Greg
Phatboing
JoeB
ian74
Rob_O

First names would be great if you're willing to share.

vern
01-11-2015, 08:11 PM
Greg - a team thread and strava club were made yesterday: http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showthread.php?8029-Team-Black-Diamond-Team-6-Come-hither!

There is a link to that strava club in the thread. 8 of the 10 team members have already joined that club so, you ought to join yourself and close down the one you just made.

ian74
01-12-2015, 08:37 AM
Hi Greg,

I'm sorry, but I set up a Strava group on Saturday. I didn't mean to step on the Captain's toes, I just got excited. Here's a link http://www.strava.com/clubs/121125/members

Join up and I will make you the group admin.

Thanks.

vern
01-13-2015, 12:50 PM
Hey...so far we're holding on in an exciting 3-way race for last place!

wheels&wings
01-13-2015, 01:03 PM
who is rads?
Apparently "rads" is someone on our team....
Rads, whoever you are, we are looking forward to meeting you... and we hope that you're a clandestine ringer! :+)

vern
01-13-2015, 01:15 PM
who is rads?
Apparently "rads" is someone on our team....
Rads, whoever you are, we are looking forward to meeting you... and we hope that you're a clandestine ringer! :+)

Maybe we should ask for a sub if we don't hear anything from him/her by tomorrow?

wheels&wings
01-13-2015, 01:23 PM
Just checked... rads joined the Forum in December. She or he has zero posts.

ian74
01-13-2015, 02:11 PM
I just contacted Amalitza about Rads about either helping find him/her or asking about a substitution. Will keep you posted.

vern
01-13-2015, 02:48 PM
I just contacted Amalitza about Rads about either helping find him/her or asking about a substitution. Will keep you posted.

The powers-that-be can correct me, but I think these sorts of actions should be taken by the team captain, rather than individual team members deciding to act ad-hoc on substantive issues.

ian74
01-13-2015, 02:53 PM
The powers-that-be can correct me, but I think these sorts of actions should be taken by the team captain, rather than individual team members deciding to act ad-hoc on substantive issues.

You're right vern, my apologies. I'll let Greg take care of this, it's not my place to do so.

vern
01-13-2015, 08:08 PM
My phone died on the way home so strava didn't record any of my ride, which was the identical though opposite ride I took this morning. I'll find out later when I have time what I need to do to get credit for the miles.

vern
01-16-2015, 09:07 AM
In Kansas City for my parent's 60th wedding anniversary. Part of today's agenda is to find the time and a bike to at least get in a sleaze ride.

dbb
01-16-2015, 09:10 AM
In Kansas City for my parent's 60th wedding anniversary. Part of today's agenda is to find the time and a bike to at least get in a sleaze ride.

Test ride something you are jonesing for at a local bike shop

vern
01-16-2015, 10:34 AM
Test ride something you are jonesing for at a local bike shop

Great idea, but I think that would be like giving heroin a test run, with the same consequences.

elwbikes
01-16-2015, 10:59 AM
Vern, The Bicycle Shack (in/near Grandview) has rental bikes. I guess B Cycle is an option, too, depending on where you are in KC.

wheels&wings
01-25-2015, 12:58 PM
A fun morning with two-wheeled friends on the Bikenetic coffee ride! Good turnout from Team 6 Bears:
WorktheWeb, Little Cutie, Ian74, Phatboing, and Wheels&Wings. Congratulations to WorktheWeb for an impressive job sherpa-ing the Burley.

vern
02-05-2015, 09:14 PM
Team Bipolar Bears is 2nd in points this week...C'mon, Bears!!

http://freezingsaddles.com/explore/team_weekly

vern
02-06-2015, 10:01 AM
OMG!! We've moved up to 7th place!!! Go Bears!!!!

ian74
02-06-2015, 10:09 AM
OMG!! We've moved up to 7th place!!! Go Bears!!!!

We're really doing great this week! We'll get ahead of those Bollard Busters (and stay there) before you know it. For some reason, I've been feeling like they are the team for us to beat.

This weekend is going to shake things up, weather is supposed to be good, and I expect a lot of miles and upsets on the leaderboards.

Vern, you've been riding sick miles this week. You're a rockstar!

vern
02-08-2015, 08:57 PM
We're really doing great this week! We'll get ahead of those Bollard Busters (and stay there) before you know it. For some reason, I've been feeling like they are the team for us to beat.

This weekend is going to shake things up, weather is supposed to be good, and I expect a lot of miles and upsets on the leaderboards.

Vern, you've been riding sick miles this week. You're a rockstar!

Well yeah, except rode 21.5 more miles than I did this week, and Jeremy rode 109 more than me, so someone other than me is the rockstar.

vern
02-12-2015, 01:09 PM
Bears in 5th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DismalScientist
02-12-2015, 01:23 PM
Bears in 5th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I guess y'all should start using lockable valve caps.

ian74
03-09-2015, 10:44 AM
Photo proof! 2nd place by one point!!!!

Phatboing
03-09-2015, 12:01 PM
Photo proof! 2nd place by one point!!!!

That didn't last very long, but oh boy oh boy oh boy.

ian74
03-09-2015, 01:40 PM
That didn't last very long, but oh boy oh boy oh boy.

It didn't, but we had SECOND PLACE for 20 or so minutes! I still think it's a hell of an achievement! GO BEARS!

Steve O
03-09-2015, 03:02 PM
It didn't, but we had SECOND PLACE for 20 or so minutes!

If you check out the weekly scores (http://www.freezingsaddles.com/explore/team_weekly), you will see that since week 6, you bears have been on the move.

Weeks 7 & 10, Bip Bears were #1 point scorers
Week 6 - #2 behind Octopoop
Week 9 - #3 behind Octopoop and (team who .............)

No matter how many bollards we bust, I don't think we have a chance of catching you, particularly with this pig-flying new development. We'll focus on catching (team who .............)

Alcova cyclist
03-09-2015, 10:32 PM
We'll focus on catching (team who .............)

Don't you think you ought to worry about catching the "prim3s" first?

The mighty death eaters of the Team-who-must-not-be-named have been #2 in the weekly totals the last two weeks and just got another rider back off of injured reserve. We're currently more 300 points up on you Bollards -- and opening over the last two weeks. We're more likely to catch the Dozers, the plummeting Velo9, or even our thread host the Bears than you Bollards are of catching us.

(and congrats Bears - the board shows you back in 2nd. For now.)

vern
03-09-2015, 10:45 PM
It looks like the Bears will maintain 2nd place through the overnight hours...beginning to gain some comfort with this spot.

vern
03-10-2015, 10:01 PM
It looks like the Bears will maintain 2nd place through the overnight hours...beginning to gain some comfort with this spot.

Looks like the Bears will be in 2nd for two nights running!!

Phatboing
03-12-2015, 12:58 PM
Kid Cannon's out of his cave, as evidenced by our "points this week" chart: http://freezingsaddles.com/explore/team_weekly

(and also evidenced by me seeing him in person yesterday)

Nobody embodies our Bipolar side more than the guy who hides for a few days and only comes out to do centuries.

wheels&wings
03-12-2015, 01:16 PM
Indeed, our powerful bear cub is done with winter hibernation…. thus the very pretty light blue line. The bears are on-a-roll.

ShawnoftheDread
03-12-2015, 01:51 PM
Instead of praising him you should be chastising him for costing you first place. It is good and right to chastise any Cannon.

rcannon100
03-12-2015, 01:53 PM
Instead of praising him you should be chastising him for costing you first place. It is good and right to chastise any Cannon.

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/80/590x/cat19may14-476850.jpg

ShawnoftheDread
03-12-2015, 01:54 PM
Get back on your bike Bob Cannon.

rcannon100
03-12-2015, 01:56 PM
But the roads. They are all covered with salt and dirt. I might get smucka on my tricycle!

ian74
04-05-2015, 05:25 PM
Hey team,

I know FS is long over, but I got to be rather close with many of you. Some of you know I mentioned the health issues for our coming baby, and now we are so close. We are due for induction this Wednesday. We put together a blog so we can keep friends and family updated about our baby and what happens in the coming months. I wanted to share a link with you guys so you can keep tabs on everything.

I know this is kind of impersonal and may not be the best place to post it, but aside from the BA forum I don't have a way to contact many of you.

Best wishes fellow bears. http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/thefingermanfamily

kwarkentien
04-05-2015, 05:36 PM
Best to you and your family.

wheels&wings
04-05-2015, 09:47 PM
I know FS is long over, but I got to be rather close with many of you. Some of you know I mentioned the health issues for our coming baby, and now we are so close. We are due for induction this Wednesday.

It was good to get your update, Ian, as we’ve been thinking about you a lot in anticipation of April 8. I hope things go as well as they possibly can, though I realize it will be excruciatingly difficult and heart-wrenching even under the best-case scenario. Let me know whenever you’re up for a ride or a beer … I know our fellow bears (and friends-of-bears) would want to join as well.
Holding you, Carolyn and little Acky in the Light and sending love and hugs from your bear family. w&w

vern
04-05-2015, 09:54 PM
Thanks for posting that, Ian. We will be thinking good thoughts for your and your family.

wheels&wings
04-09-2015, 12:00 PM
To Bipolar Bears Team Captain Ian: Congratulations on your baby boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry you, um, fainted when your wife’s water broke. :)

To quote your wife, “Guess if you're going to hit the floor face first there are worse places to do it than in a hospital.”
Let us know when you’re ready for that beer, Ian…

Baby Charlie is now at Children’s National awaiting his first heart surgery. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Welcome to the world, Charles Owen Fingerman.

vern
04-10-2015, 10:19 AM
Hilarious that our CAPTAIN fainted! Great news that the delivery was otherwise uneventful. Congratulations!

wheels&wings
04-10-2015, 10:34 AM
Indeed. Captain Ian rode 1619 miles this winter, in blizzards, ice, and single-digit temperatures. The guy’s got guts of steel. But we have discovered his Achilles’ heel. :+)