PDA

View Full Version : Team 12 - Doozy Dozers

Raymo853
01-11-2015, 08:27 AM
Hey I renamed the team from Moist to Doozy Dozers. http://www.strava.com/clubs/BAFS_2015_12

Regardless, do any members have a cooler name?

I've sent Strava group invites to our last two members to join, powellal (Andrea Powell) and paulg (Paul Guttridge). Once they accept we'll be up to our full roster and unstoppable.

I am still holding myself to not much more than sleaze rides until THursday. Then after that I should be back to normal with about 75 miles commuting each week plus weekend rides.

Raymo853
01-12-2015, 08:45 AM
I loved watching our ranking bounce all over the top four this weekend. Things are really tight right now between the top four. Paul G is the only one that hasn't joined the team app yet, but once he does he has already earned over 100 points so we should bounce back up.

paulg
01-12-2015, 10:38 AM
Dear Team Doozy Dozers

Sorry for only just signing up (20 mins ago) but I was away for the weekend. I like the name, I'm a civil engineer so anything that digs up dirt is good for me!

Looking forward to motivating and riding as much as I can. I'm hoping to ride 3 to 4 days a week (12 mile commute) and have the studded tires which I used for the first time last week.

Paul

ShawnoftheDread
01-12-2015, 11:51 AM
Glad to have everyone on board.

Just a reminder that a one mile "sleaze" ride around the block gets us 11 points and only takes five minutes.

paulg
01-12-2015, 02:52 PM
I screwed up the re-authorization step. I fixed that about an hour ago. Looks like we are now in second place!

Paul g

rcannon100
01-12-2015, 02:55 PM
Glad to have everyone on board.

Just a reminder that a one mile "sleaze" ride around the block gets us 11 points and only takes five minutes.

Maybe for those of us on those really speedy bikes.....

ShawnoftheDread
01-12-2015, 02:57 PM
Fine, 7 minutes.

Raymo853
01-12-2015, 03:41 PM
Well I am about to go run the 1 mile around my building and then ride my 40 pound old commuter around the building. Bet it will take more than 7 mins if you include lock and unlock time plus a coughing attack or two.

ShawnoftheDread
01-12-2015, 03:51 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "run." But it sounds awful and I don't endorse it.

KayakCyndi
01-12-2015, 05:22 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "run." But it sounds awful and I don't endorse it.

I believe a "run" is something that happens during cyclocross races.

ShawnoftheDread
01-12-2015, 07:37 PM
Oh, a brief dismount from the bike. I get it.

rcannon100
01-12-2015, 07:53 PM
I believe a "run" is something that happens during cyclocross races.

Given conditions in Austin, I heard "run" was a rather significant part of todays bike race

Raymo853
01-13-2015, 08:23 AM
Well I have run and ridden the same distance this week.

Plan to sleaze today and ride in the 17 miles to work on Wednesday. Hope to commute home on Thur and in on Fri. Really trying out the pattern of driving in every other day and drive home the other days. So nice I can leave my car overnight at work like that. Doing the 17 both ways is often just too much.

Raymo853
01-13-2015, 12:17 PM
Gosh darn it to heck! We are only four points off of first place.

Raymo853
01-13-2015, 12:21 PM
Spoke too early before it included my lunch ride. We are now nine points ahead!

jwetzel
01-13-2015, 02:57 PM
Second ride in two days that I (think) started but Strava wasn't open upon arrival at my destination, boo.

dasgeh
01-13-2015, 03:09 PM
Second ride in two days that I (think) started but Strava wasn't open upon arrival at my destination, boo.

I've been using the One Tap for Strava on my phone, and haven't been disappointed (a few times last year, I thought I had started the app the ol' fashion way only to find the ad thing prevented the ride from actually starting - now no waiting, no missed rides).

jwetzel
01-13-2015, 03:56 PM
Update on getting hit with a car.

Good news from the doctor, likely just bad bruising and strain injuries.
Bad news from the doctor, he wants me to take it easy for a few days, so I'm not going to do much more than to and fro work for mileage. Hopefully will get a longer ride in this weekend.

ShawnoftheDread
01-13-2015, 04:06 PM
Good news.

rolo
01-13-2015, 04:46 PM
Good news indeed! Glad you're going to heed the doctor's advice.

Bad news from the doctor, he wants me to take it easy for a few days, so I'm not going to do much more than to and fro work for mileage. Hopefully will get a longer ride in this weekend.

Raymo853
01-14-2015, 09:20 AM

You can always enter the miles manually. Will not give you any elevation but will count as a ride for BAFS.

jwetzel
01-16-2015, 10:00 AM

After a visit with a PT this morning, a longer ride this weekend is looking unlikely. Sorry to let the team down, I'll go for some penance rides when I feel better.

Ouch.

bobco85
01-16-2015, 11:35 AM
That's okay. Make sure your body is fully healed before heading out, as any lingering injury will be exponentially increased in magnitude if you get hurt again. Rest up and get some hot chocolate or ice cream or both (I get cravings for ice cream when it's cold outside)!

jwetzel
01-16-2015, 11:56 AM
That's okay. Make sure your body is fully healed before heading out, as any lingering injury will be exponentially increased in magnitude if you get hurt again. Rest up and get some hot chocolate or ice cream or both (I get cravings for ice cream when it's cold outside)!

I'd love to get some ice cream, but the wife has stuffed the freezer so full of fruit and other crap that there isn't any room. :mad:

Amalitza
01-16-2015, 12:30 PM
I am failing to see a problem here?

step 1) buy ice cream
step 2) (optional) transport ice cream home
step 3) eat ice cream

where does "take up room in freezer" come in to play?

I'd love to get some ice cream, but the wife has stuffed the freezer so full of fruit and other crap that there isn't any room. :mad:

Raymo853
01-16-2015, 05:56 PM

Dead on advice. I've done the ride before fully healing and regretted in for months afterwards.

paulg
01-20-2015, 11:40 AM
Just a quick note to say sorry about what will be a poor performance this week from me. I have to drop off and pick up the kids due to Wife on travel and therefore can't bike commute. I CAN however, pick up the kids in the bike trailer so hopefully it won't be zero points this week.

Back to normal next week.

paulg
01-27-2015, 11:55 AM
Just a quick note to say sorry about what will be a poor performance this week from me. I have to drop off and pick up the kids due to Wife on travel and therefore can't bike commute. I CAN however, pick up the kids in the bike trailer so hopefully it won't be zero points this week.

Back to normal next week.

Back in the saddle again! Sung to the tune of Back in the Highlife again was my tune for the morning commute. (quite mind numbing after the 20th time around and not knowing any other words!) I managed to ride every day last week mostly to pick up kids but this week hopefully I'll get four 24 mile commuting days in again.

Major kudos to those who rode yesterday morning in the cold cold sleet and rain.

jwetzel
01-27-2015, 12:18 PM
I was able to ride to my PT appointment this morning. After the work done to me by my physical terrorist, I had to take a car2go to the office. Hopefully I'll be able to ride to work again tomorrow morning. Being in a car makes me cranky.

SuziQ
01-28-2015, 01:29 PM
Fine, 7 minutes.

at least 8 on a Cap Bikeshare!

ShawnoftheDread
01-28-2015, 04:01 PM
But you can do that in a suit at lunchtime.

SuziQ
01-30-2015, 03:13 PM
@JWetz aside (I gathered from my convo w him at coffee club this morning that he's not on board), if any DC resident Doozy Dozers are interested in protecting our residential DC neighborhoods zoned R-4, please sign this petition to Mayor Bowser for a moratorium on pop-up construction. Here's the link to quickly and easily sign online: http://tinyurl.com/stopthepopdc

THIS WEEKEND I WILL RIDE 6 MILES FOR EACH DC RESIDENT TEAM MEMBER SIGNATURE AND NAME THE RIDE AFTER YOU ON STRAVA - 10 MILES INSTEAD OF 6 IF YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER SIGNS TOO. My Bloomingdale home is one of many DC homes affected by this situation, hence my plea. I won't clutter the thread with my lengthy diatribe on this topic, but feel free to chat with me regarding any questions or comments.

StopthePopDC, a community group working to curb the practice of developers converting single-family rowhomes into multifamily apartment buildings (“pop-ups” or “pop-up buildings”), is requesting your support on a petition to Mayor Bowser. The petition asks the Mayor and other city officials to place an immediate moratorium on the approval of building permits for pop-up buildings until city agencies have revised the zoning rules (to address pop-ups) and put them into effect (a proposal is currently pending). For more information, please visit us on Facebook, Twitter (@StopthePopDC) and Instagram (www.instagram.com/stopthepopdc).

dkel
01-31-2015, 04:38 PM
Hi!

ShawnoftheDread
01-31-2015, 07:16 PM
Did somebody say something?
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/31/44dfdf54df45da4856e911cfeeb5b581.jpg

Raymo853
02-01-2015, 07:48 AM
Did somebody say something?

Of course don't get too complacent, our two teams have swapped places to often.

Expect me as Captain to come up with a motivational schema for us Dozers. I hope to post about it this eve.

rcannon100
02-01-2015, 09:34 AM
motivational

Motivation ~ that's simple

https://psychopoeia.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/coffee_2.jpg

jwetzel
02-01-2015, 09:53 AM
Needs more beer.

Raymo853
02-01-2015, 12:01 PM
<sarcasm> I was also going to reward the person on "Must not be named" with the biggest drop in points total over the next two weeks. </sarcasm>

bobco85
02-18-2015, 08:20 AM
Warning: pathetic apology post

I apologize for the fact that I will be MIA for a couple of days from the Freezing Saddles competition due to a planned trip to Florida where I will be for the next week. I do plan on biking for a day or two while down there, but the saddle will very much not be frozen. I'll do some apology rides when I come back.

Raymo853
02-18-2015, 09:23 AM
Warning: pathetic apology post

I apologize for the fact that I will be MIA for a couple of days from the Freezing Saddles competition due to a planned trip to Florida where I will be for the next week. I do plan on biking for a day or two while down there, but the saddle will very much not be frozen. I'll do some apology rides when I come back.

No worries. I too have been pretty much off the bike the last week. Hurt my wrist riding my CX bike in Fort Dupont. Hope to be back on the bike tomorrow.

Raymo853
02-18-2015, 09:26 AM
Bi-polar Bears. - I am happy to see the Bipolar Bears move into fourth <strike>third</strike> place ahead of the Not Named team. Regardless we got to be aware they are aiming to overtake us. 7866

ian74
02-18-2015, 09:33 AM
Bi-polar Bears. - I am happy to see the Bipolar Bears move into third place ahead of the Not Named team. Regardless we got to be aware they are aiming to overtake us. 7866

Of course we are aiming to overtake you! It's a competition isn't it? BE AFRAID!!! WE ARE COMING FOR YOU (as soon as the roads and trails are clear...)!!!

bobco85
02-18-2015, 10:19 AM
Of course we are aiming to overtake you! It's a competition isn't it? BE AFRAID!!! WE ARE COMING FOR YOU (as soon as the roads and trails are clear...)!!!

Hey, don't get ahead of yourselves! I'm only spotting you 60 points at most with my vacation, and even then, I plan on doing a bike ride during my vacation. I plan on getting a bronze tan* to match the bronze medal position my team seems to be heading towards ;)

*at least anything other than a sun burn or skin cancer!

ShawnoftheDread
02-19-2015, 12:05 PM
Bi-polar Bears. - I am happy to see the Bipolar Bears move into third place ahead of the Not Named team. Regardless we got to be aware they are aiming to overtake us. 7866

FOURTH place. We are still in third.

ShawnoftheDread
02-19-2015, 12:06 PM
And somebody look into Kid Cannon's numbers. I don't believe he's actually left his basement.

rcannon100
02-19-2015, 12:42 PM
And somebody look into Kid Cannon's numbers. I don't believe he's actually left his basement.

No no. I have photographic proof that he goes outside and cycles. Here is a picture of him cycling with some of his (imaginary) friends. I think that's Matt Aune and PeteD in the picture as well. I mean, you can tell that is Matt Aune from the hair cut!

http://reviews.mtbr.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/MTBR_Zwift_Zeppelin.jpg

ShawnoftheDread
02-19-2015, 02:56 PM
They're not wearing helmets! OMG!

ian74
03-03-2015, 02:10 PM
Woop woop!!!! Picture proved it happened!

ian74
03-03-2015, 02:19 PM
Woop woop!!!! Picture proved it happened!

I swear that screenshot shows us in 3rd place...If you squint you can kind of make it out.

Tim Kelley
03-03-2015, 02:20 PM
I swear that screenshot shows us in 3rd place...If you squint you can kind of make it out.

Is that a screenshot for ants?

americancyclo
03-03-2015, 02:43 PM
I think that's Matt Aune and PeteD in the picture as well. I mean, you can tell that is Matt Aune from the hair cut!
There are four Matt's now?