PDA

View Full Version : Team Black Diamond, Team 6. Come hither!

ian74
01-10-2015, 09:08 AM
Let's get this started! Great meeting the guys that made it to happy hour!

BLACK DIAMOND: Team Six:
Jcannon3000
worktheweb
Wheels&Wings
vem
rads
GB (captain?)
Phatboing
JoeB
ian74
Rob_O

This thread can be our special safe place for harassment, support, encouragement, and recipe sharing. I'm looking at you Wheels&Wings! Let's all check in. We also need to come up with a team name! I'm open to suggestions. Let's try to keep it PG though! We also need to create a Strava team page. I can set this up later, and I'll post a link here so we can join. Unless someone else wants to do it.

Worktheweb will also be the supplier of our beers, he's our resident homebrewer. Looking forward to filling my water bottle with a a nice porter for those winter rides!

ian74
01-10-2015, 09:24 AM
I created our club page at Strava. You need to join up. We can make some edits later I assume for team name etc.

https://www.strava.com/clubs/121125

wheels&wings
01-10-2015, 10:26 AM
Awesome. Thanks Ian for getting us started.

Do we have a chat room on our Strava page or is this the best place?

Iíve not yet had enough caffeine to think about our team name, but Iíd be fine sticking with Black Diamond as a fallback. Keep it PG? Youíre the last one who needs to worry -- your kid canít read yet. Please wish your wife a very healthy 10 or more weeks. :)

Great to see Ian74, worktheweb, and vern last night. Iím hoping to meet the rest of you soon!

worktheweb
01-11-2015, 11:41 AM
It was great meeting Wheels&Wings, Ian74, and Vern at the happy hour -- here is the group photo we took:
Looking forward to meeting everyone else and having fun together this Winter. Unfortunately, I homebrew outside, so getting the wort for the beer up to temperature might be a bit of a challenge. I will definitely be happy to drink any beer we may find at watering holes along any group rides, however :D