PDA

View Full Version : Team Ten: we should be riding

jrenaut
01-10-2015, 07:42 AM
Seriously. The weather report for this week looks miserable. Snow. Sleet. Horrible.

So, here is our team:
Subby
americancyclo (captain?)
DismalScientist
TwoWheelsDC
befulina
chris_s
dbb
elwbikes
jrenaut
shelbyekp

I know most of you at least online. I hope to know all of you in person by the time this is over.

jrenaut
01-10-2015, 07:46 AM
For those I don't know, a short introduction, since other teams seem to be doing that. I'm Jon, live in DC, and while I don't get a ton of long rides in this time of year, my bike is my primary mode of transportation, and this is my second BAFS and (knock on wood) I have not yet missed a day of riding.

jrenaut
01-10-2015, 07:47 AM
And we need a team name and a team Strava group. Was there any discussion of this last night?

hozn
01-10-2015, 07:54 AM
Yeah, I/we need to know all of the team ids. I asked Emma; she suggested that the captains will be doing this. I don't know if they know this is needed. I will start a new thread on this.

jrenaut
01-10-2015, 08:02 AM
Our captain mentioned he's busy this morning so I made a team for us (https://www.strava.com/clubs/121123). It's private so you have to request to join.

americancyclo
01-10-2015, 01:33 PM
I'm all about leading by following.
I'm Shawn, this is my third BAFS and every year has been a lot of fun. Most of my riding is going to be commute or what i can squeeze in on lunch rides for this BAFS, with an occasional extended coffee club ride. we're expecting a second baby in February so that's going to keep me busy for a lot of the weekends, but i'll do my best to get in at least a sleaze ride each day.

jrenaut
01-10-2015, 02:24 PM
I can't believe you'd have a baby during BAFS. The nerve.

elwbikes
01-10-2015, 02:34 PM
Any ideas, teammates?

jrenaut
01-10-2015, 04:59 PM
I don't know about the team name, but I'm pretty sure we all get to name Shawn's baby.

Actually, I was not entirely unserious about calling ourselves Steve O's Team.

Subby
01-10-2015, 05:13 PM
Hi - I'm Chris. I'm just here to help out in any way I can. I love doing stupid rides - anything long and fun works for me. Looking forward to our first team happy hour!

americancyclo
01-10-2015, 05:41 PM

Hozn did it last year! I thought that made it cool.

jrenaut
01-10-2015, 06:03 PM
If hozn jumped off a bridge, would you do that too?

Seriously, though, sounds like you'll be in need of a longtail pretty soon.

americancyclo
01-10-2015, 06:44 PM
If hozn jumped off a bridge, would you do that too?

Seriously, though, sounds like you'll be in need of a longtail pretty soon.

If I end up being a decent parent my 3 yr old should be riding. Her own bike before I can get a long tail. ;)

americancyclo
01-10-2015, 06:46 PM
Also if all team members don't post up here or join the Strava team by Monday you might get dropped by the substitution czar

Steve O
01-10-2015, 06:47 PM

Team Four: Not Steve O's Team

OR (starting a domino effect?)

Team Four: Dread's Team

elwbikes
01-10-2015, 08:12 PM
Btw, I'm Emma. Commuting to work by bike (NE DC to far west NW DC). Did freezing saddles last year, this year I was the registrar (you can complain to me about our team set up!). Hmm...what about "team baby" ? Lol.

TwoWheelsDC
01-11-2015, 12:06 AM
Well, for the couple of you that I don't know, I'm Marc, and this is my 3rd BAFS. During BAFS2015 my commute will generally be from my home in Westover (north Arlington) to the GMU campus 2 miles down the street in Virginia Square, where I'm trying to not fail out of a masters program. Depending on the demands of this semester's classes, I'll probably be doing most of my non-commute rides in the middle of the day and on weekends, so if anyone wants to get in some team lunchtime or weekend miles, just let me know!

Subby
01-11-2015, 07:04 AM
Team Super Babies of Planet Earth or Team Beer or Team Caffeine Snorters or Team Stupid Rides or my personal favorite, Equipo Diez ciclistas de la furia

chris_s
01-11-2015, 01:09 PM
Hi - I'm Chris. I'm just here to help out in any way I can. I love doing stupid rides - anything long and fun works for me. Looking forward to our first team happy hour!

No, I'M Chris. ;)

This is my first Freezing Saddles; expect mostly commutes and sleaze from me!

shelbyekp
01-11-2015, 07:32 PM
Hi! I'm Shelby. I am new to Freezing Saddles and new-ish to biking in the city (especially in the winter!). I commute to work by bike and hope to ride at least a little bit every day. Two Chris's and two Mark's... talk about confusing!

dbb
01-11-2015, 08:08 PM
I'm Dana and am back from a week and a half off the bike. I commute from Crystal City to L'Enfant Plaza and will likely carve out a handful of sleaze rides on the weekend.

americancyclo
01-12-2015, 09:46 AM
Team Super Babies of Planet Earth or Team Beer or Team Caffeine Snorters or Team Stupid Rides or my personal favorite, Equipo Diez ciclistas de la furia

Los furiosos diez ciclistas?

americancyclo
01-12-2015, 09:49 AM

You're just bragging since you got all yours our of the way early.

I don't know about the team name, but I'm pretty sure we all get to name Shawn's baby.

fair enough.
happy to mess with steve o.

Btw, I'm Emma. Commuting to work by bike (NE DC to far west NW DC). Did freezing saddles last year, this year I was the registrar (you can complain to me about our team set up!). Hmm...what about "team baby" ? Lol.
haha. babies. ugh.

Hi! I'm Shelby. I am new to Freezing Saddles and new-ish to biking in the city (especially in the winter!). I commute to work by bike and hope to ride at least a little bit every day. Two Chris's and two Mark's... talk about confusing!

two years ago we had two shawn's a marc and a matt and went with "Team S&M"

TwoWheelsDC
01-12-2015, 10:51 AM

Welcome! Hopefully once you meet everyone, the names will be less confusing. I can tell you that you probably won't get me (Marc) and Dismal (Mark) confused...ever.

TwoWheelsDC
01-12-2015, 10:57 AM
Oh, BTW...I don't usually upload my rides until fairly late, so don't panic if you don't see my points on the leaderboard.

americancyclo
01-13-2015, 08:09 AM

seems like most of the banter has moved to the strava group discussion thread.

http://www.strava.com/clubs/121123/discussion