PDA

View Full Version : Gold Nugget award for most Jan 1 mileage

Arlingtonrider
01-03-2015, 08:51 PM
I'm pretty sure I know who the overall winner is, but because we were still updating some of the registration and leaderboard information on Jan 1, I was unable to figure out who the awesome winner is of the gold nugget for first time Freezing Saddles registrants (newbies).

Could anyone who thinks they might be a contender for the Newbie Gold Nugget award (probably 40 miles or more) please send me their strava name and Jan 1 mileage?

You can send it to me by private message (PM), using the notifications feature in the upper right hand corner of the forum (which you must be logged onto to see).

Thanks! So far I have no idea who might have won this. I need your help to give away the gold.

Rod Smith
01-04-2015, 06:21 AM
Eric Williams 120.4mi

Powerful Pete
01-04-2015, 12:24 PM
Whoa. Impressive...

Boomer2U
01-04-2015, 03:43 PM
My Strava mileage for New Years day was 42 miles, but I had an additional 3 miles riding riding to the Metro, and then back, for a total of 45, for which my phone died and didn't record.

Rod Smith
01-05-2015, 06:56 AM
Sorry Boomer. Eric has a hub generator powered USB charger on his handlebar.

You might want to buy a Garmin GPS cycloputer. I bought one because my phone wasn't powerful enough to run the Endomondo app for the first National Bike Challenge (an off-season variation of Freezing Saddles). I think the Strava app uses less juice though. A lot of Saddle Freezers use Strava phone app. I know some carry external batteries they connect to at rest stops on longer rides.

Terpfan
01-05-2015, 07:40 AM
Anything over 40 miles and I carry my external battery. It has about four full iphone charges in it.