PDA

View Full Version : Hashtags?

peterw_diy
12-17-2014, 05:59 PM
Anybody interested in establishing hashtags other than #nobafs and #kidical? I think it might be fun to analyze based on some other criteria that could be expressed in hashtags like #commute vs #fun vs #chores (and maybe #work for Rod & Dirt?), #studs vs #roadie vs #knobby...

hozn
12-17-2014, 07:19 PM
I think commute is already a metric we can track (there is a checkbox). But sure the other ideas could be interesting. I track my #snowtires and #cx rides since those are useful equipment datapoints that Strava doesn't let me easily track otherwise.

peterw_diy
12-17-2014, 07:43 PM
I think commute is already a metric we can track (there is a checkbox).
I don't see a checkbox for that in the iOS app - just pull downs for sport type (ride vs run) and which of my bikes I used.

But sure the other ideas could be interesting. I track my #snowtires and #cx rides since those are useful equipment datapoints that Strava doesn't let me easily track otherwise.
Cool. Easiest thing might be defining a simple hashtag regex and offer stats on whatever hashtags are seen in qualifying rides...?

jrenaut
12-17-2014, 10:01 PM
hashtag toomuchtrouble hashtag omg hashtag lazy

hozn
12-17-2014, 10:13 PM
I don't see a checkbox for that in the iOS app - just pull downs for sport type (ride vs run) and which of my bikes I used.

Yes, this is not exposed in the mobile apps, but it is in the web GUI, next to check box for "trainer".

Cool. Easiest thing might be defining a simple hashtag regex and offer stats on whatever hashtags are seen in qualifying rides...?

Pull requests welcome! ;-)

http://github.com/hozn/bafs

peterw_diy
12-17-2014, 11:14 PM
Yes, this is not exposed in the mobile apps, but it is in the web GUI, next to check box for "trainer".

Yeah, I can't see both using the app and editing with the website. Bad UX as we say.

Pull requests welcome! ;-)

http://github.com/hozn/bafs
I just might do that. Finally got a Pi and unsurprisingly have been spending time writing (blech) Python lately.

jrenaut
12-17-2014, 11:36 PM
If you say "(blech)" and "Python" together one more time I might punch you

peterw_diy
12-17-2014, 11:41 PM
If you say "(blech)" and "Python" together one more time I might punch you

Sorry Guido.

Was that a tab or a bunch of 0x20s?

jrenaut
12-18-2014, 12:02 AM
That's it. You've disparaged the One True Programming Language too many times. I hope you don't mind ALL OF YOUR RIDES registering as .2 miles on the Freezing Saddles website.