PDA

View Full Version : December ABAC Meeting -- NEXT MONDAY

dasgeh
11-25-2014, 03:34 PM
Hi all,

With all this talk of snow, it's time to accept that December is upon us. Luckily, we get to start it off with a ABAC meeting! Monday night, Dec. 1, 7pm, 2100 Clarendon Blvd, Courthouse (in other words, same bat-time, same bat-conference room).

The agenda is pasted below. You'll notice the first item is the letter we discussed in October. Attached to this email in the google group is also a draft of that letter, well prepared by Dana, with a few edits from me. You'll noticed I added a few lines thanking staff for maintenance -- snow removal and the Custis lighting in particular. We haven't discussed adding those before, so I wanted to quickly make sure the BAC is ok with that addition.

After that, we're going to turn the floor over to Arlington County staff. Since it's the end of the year, we'd like to hear what they've accomplished, and get updates on some key projects.

Next up, we will be joined by our new liaison from ACPD, Lt. Ken Dennis (Lt. Green has a new assignment). We've set aside a chunk of time to talk about our priorities in working with the Police Department, and hopefully get an introduction to Lt. Dennis, and possibly an update from him on the recent safety initiatives (e.g. at Lee/Lynn).

Finally, we'll return to our conversation about BAC priorities and our first annual report.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Happy Thanksgiving. Travel safely!

7:00 pm
Call to Order; Introductions
Gillian

7:10 pm
Letter of Thanks
Dana

7:15 pm
Arlington County staff updates:
A. Parks (Kevin)
B. Update on major projects: Wilson in Bluemont, Wilson in Courthouse, Walter Reed, Eads, Lynn Esplanade/Custis (Goodman)
C. Data (Patton)
D. BikeArlington (Erin)

8:00 pm
Arlington County Police Liaison
Cory/Lt Dennis

8:30 pm
ABAC Priorities; 2013 Report
Gillian

9:00 pm
Adjournment
Gillian