PDA

View Full Version : Trade? Trek 2200 56cm Road Bike for CX Bike?

Mark Blacknell
06-02-2011, 07:36 PM
At some point in the next few weeks, I'm going to carefully catalogue everything involved and post it, but the short version (which I'm kinda hoping will save me some time) is that I have a (silver painted) Trek 2200 (56cm), Mavic CXP21 wheels, with 105 and Ultegra components that I'd like to use to facilitate getting myself a 58 (preferred) or 56 CX-worthy bike. Really, it's a solid B-bike that would be great as a training/winter bike (pretty much what I'll use it for if this doesn't go anywhere). Depending on what's on offer, I can improve it with a Ouzo Pro Lite carbon fork, D/A cranks, etc.

What do I want in return? A serviceable cyclocross bike. 58/56cm. Shimano 105/Ultegra or SRAM Force/Rival mix (D/A friction shifters are fathomable, but would raise my requirements for the rest of the bike). I have faith in science and the evolution of man, so don't talk to me about some silly single speed stuff. :)

In the end, I'm obviously trying to avoid coming too far out of pocket for a good CX setup, and think that I've got something of value to trade. I'm willing to top up with cash for the right bike.

Help me Obi-Wan Bike Forums, you're . . . well, you're kind of my hope.

Mark Blacknell
03-24-2012, 12:50 PM
Bump.

As you can see, I wasn't in any particular rush . . . but now I'm motivated to clear out a bunch of bike-related items. The bike above is still available, and I'm still interested in some kind of CX-capable bike. But I'm also willing to sell for cash. Other parts avail will include various stems, aluminium handlebars, front & rear derailleurs, cranksets, pedals, a slew of cassettes, and mech discs (Avid 7s). All used. Hope to list in detail this weekend.