PDA

View Full Version : Port City Brewing Company Pedals 'N' Pints - October 18th @11am

awilkinson
09-30-2014, 08:52 AM
Hey! Andrea here from Port City Brewing Company. We are trying to spread the word about our next bike ride. It should be a good time, hope to see you all there!

Here's what you need to know:
Ride starts from the brewery Saturday, October 18th at 11am

Port City Brewing Company
3950 Wheeler Avenue Alexandria, VA 22304

Excerpt from the Facebook Event Page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1522461534664971/

Are you a bicyclist who loves beer and lives in the DMV? Be a part of Port City's Second Ever Pedals "N' Pints ride! Work up a thirst and return to plentiful brews and food from Doug the Food Dude.

It will be a little more than a 10-mile route from the front door of the Tasting Room out to the park, up to NVCC and back. There's one slight climb, but otherwise the ride is open to all level of bicyclists. Mountain, cyclocross, or "hybrid" bikes are perfect for this ride. Due to debris on the path and the occasional patch of gravel or dirt, road bikes are possible, but not recommended.

Bicycle Pro Shop will be out with a shop tent and basic tools to assist riders with small repairs and on hand during the ride to assist with any mechanical issues.

All participants will need to sign a waiver beforehand. Any riders 14 years old and younger are required to wear a helmet, per law, but all riders are encouraged to wear helmets.

Feel free to reach back out to me if you have any questions.
Thanks,

Andrea Wilkinson
Port City Brewing Company Bike Committee and Beer Guide

chris_s
09-30-2014, 09:07 AM
I didn't think it was possible to love you guys more than I already do. I was wrong. Keep up the good work!

KWL
09-30-2014, 06:39 PM
My son & I rode the inaugural Port City Pedals n Pints. The weather was great, the organizers friendly and the other riders were nice folks. And no one crashed, which in my mind makes any organized ride a success. It's a nice, low key ride, with good beer at the end. I think I'm going to pack my growler for this one.

Supermau
09-30-2014, 07:00 PM
Wish I could but I'll be at work. Love that beer!

awilkinson
10-16-2014, 07:33 PM
Looks like the weather is supposed to be great on Saturday. For those of you who can make it out for our ride, see you there! If you can't make this one, there definitely will be more!

Saturday, October 18 11:00 AM
Port City Brewing Company
Alexandria, VA

KLizotte
10-17-2014, 11:14 AM
Darn, I'm flying out of town tonight. :(

awilkinson
10-17-2014, 11:22 AM
Darn, I'm flying out of town tonight. :(

Next time!!!

83(b)
10-17-2014, 11:29 AM
We've got company in town this weekend that can't make a bike trip, but I've emailed this around to all my riding buddies. Thanks for the heads up!!!

krazygl00
10-18-2014, 12:02 PM
You all just rode right past my house :-) We couldn't make this one but will be riding later today. Plus I wasn't sure the ride/route would be kid/trailer/friendly.

KWL
10-18-2014, 09:24 PM
You all just rode right past my house :-) We couldn't make this one but will be riding later today. Plus I wasn't sure the ride/route would be kid/trailer/friendly.Mostly is. There is one short section on the return route that is close to single track. Might be iffy for the kid trailer.