PDA

View Full Version : 9/23 BAC Happy Hour in Crystal City

Tim Kelley
09-22-2014, 03:30 PM
Just a reminder about tomorrow (Tuesday!)

https://www.facebook.com/events/359107190904056/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

In September, the Arlington Bicycle Advisory Committee (BAC) traditionally does not hold a meeting. So, we decided to host a happy hour meet-and-greet instead!

Bring friends! Bring family! We love seeing new faces.

The event will not only give everyone an opportunity to learn a little more about the BAC, give thoughts and feedback but also celebrate the new BAC leadership team. Chair Gillian Burgess and Vice-chair Megan Jones. This event is just one block away on S Hayes St between 15th St S and S Fern...so we'll be celebrating that, too!

Come join us for some fiesta platters courtesy of BikeArlington. And, Chevy's has kindly extended happy hour specials for our event, as well!

Who/What is the BAC?

The Bicycle Advisory Committee, with roots in the community, helps focus continuing attention and resources on the role of bicycles and bicycling for transportation, health, and the enjoyment of parks and other public facilities in Arlington County, a national leader in urban planning and livable community design.

The BAC advises the County Manager on issues that affect cycling in Arlington County, including, but not limited to: safety, education, community involvement, awareness and promotion, and the development, operation and maintenance of on- and off-street bicycle transportation and recreation facilities.

Regular BAC meetings occur the first Monday of the month from 7:00 - 9:00pm at 2100 Clarendon Boulevard.

Learn more: http://www.bikearlington.com/pages/biking-in-arlington/get-involved/arlington-bicycle-advisory-committee/

dasgeh
09-22-2014, 03:35 PM
Just a reminder about tomorrow (Tuesday!)

Yep, tomorrow! (9/23, for those keeping score). Hope to see lots of you there.

Tim Kelley
09-22-2014, 03:37 PM
Yep, tomorrow! (9/23, for those keeping score). Hope to see lots of you there.

That's what I said! :cool:

Arlingtonrider
09-23-2014, 01:05 PM
See you all there! I'm going to check out the new Hayes Street bike lanes on the way. :)

Steve O
09-23-2014, 01:10 PM
Dang!!! It's back to school night. Please hoist one for me.

Arlingtonrider
09-23-2014, 08:18 PM
Many thanks to ABAC and BikeArlington for a wonderful evening meet 'n greet. There was a good turnout from South Arlington as well as other areas, and I think we all enjoyed meeting ABAC members and each other is such a convivial way. It was great to visit with Tim and Erin from BikeArlington too. It was a lovely evening for an outdoor party and nice to be able to have our bikes within eyesight as well. Great food too. Thanks again!

PotomacCyclist
09-23-2014, 09:05 PM
I found this on my phone:

And I found this on the BikeArlington Twitter feed: