PDA

View Full Version : New Arlington BAC leadership team

dasgeh
08-12-2014, 02:55 PM
Hi all,

I would like to thank you all for your support and (re)introduce myself. I'm Gillian Burgess and I'm very excited to be the new Chair of the BAC.

For those who don't know me, I'm a long-time bike commuter, reluctant triathlete and mom of two wonderful toddlers. I live in Cherrydale and bike all over Arlington (especially to kid-related destinations). During the week, I'm a lawyer working for the federal government in the District; I bike to the Hill most days. I founded Kidical Mass Arlington, and organize rides for families all over Arlington. I was the Vice Chair of APS's Multimodal Transportation and Student Safety Special Committee. My husband, Grant, spends most days on a cargo bike with our kids, and races with District Velocity Racing.

There are lots of exciting things happening in Arlington cycling these days, and I think we have a great opportunity to make cycling safer, happier and better for more people in our community. I'm excited to hear the new voices coming to the conversation, and learn from those who have been pedaling this road for a while.

If you have ideas about the future of the BAC, I'd love to hear from you. Being on the Hill, August is a great time for me to grab coffee. I'm also happy to discuss over email - PM me for the address.

I look forward to working with you all. As we say in our home:

Bike safe, have fun,
Gillian

<Yes, this was cross-posted to the email group>6420

Starduster
08-22-2014, 05:18 PM
Hi. Next month's meeting- Labor Day claims the usual 1st Monday meeting time. Is there an alternate date yet?