PDA

View Full Version : Want to be on TV tomorrow morning?

Tim Kelley
07-14-2014, 09:36 AM
BikeArlington would like to invite you to hang out with us tomorrow morning! NBC 4 is doing a series of “Celebrate” pieces from communities around the area with their reporter Angie Goff, and tomorrow (July 15) is the date they’ve chosen for Arlington. They’re doing a whole segment on biking (!!!) in Arlington, and they’ve asked us to rally some community members.

Where: Bob & Edith’s Diner at 2310 Colombia Pike, Arlington VA 22204
When: Bright & Early! We’re hoping you could arrive around 6:15AM and then hang out until about 7:00AM.
Why: To highlight biking in Arlington and show what a rad group of bike riding folks we’ve got!

We’d love to see your smiling faces early in the morning tomorrow and hope you can join us. We’ll even bring some nifty thank you gifts for doing what you do!

And, to assuage your weather-related concerns, the NBC Four meteorologist says not to worry-- the rain won’t start until 7:00.

americancyclo
07-14-2014, 09:42 AM
Hey! That's my timeframe!

consularrider
07-14-2014, 09:46 AM
Ok, I'll see if I can drag my self out of bed in time to get there. Are you buying the coffee to wake us up?

Is this going to be like B2WD with thunderstorms to show we are worthy?

KLizotte
07-14-2014, 10:09 AM
It's great that NBC is doing this but they chose one of the worst places to bike to for this gathering. I mean seriously. Java Shack would have made more sense.

Dickie
07-14-2014, 11:11 AM
I should be able to make it. +1 on the coffee.

Tim Kelley
07-14-2014, 02:57 PM
Just a heads up that if it gets cancelled due to rain tomorrow morning, we'll let you know here.

Edgar P.
07-14-2014, 04:38 PM
Sounds like fun! Also sounds very, very early in the morning..

consularrider
07-14-2014, 06:19 PM
Just a heads up that if it gets cancelled due to rain tomorrow morning, we'll let you know here.

Right now Wunderground.com shows the chance of precipitation between 6 and 7 am is about 20%.

americancyclo
07-14-2014, 09:51 PM
If its not raining at 530 then I'll do my best to be there

Dirt
07-15-2014, 03:30 AM
It's great that NBC is doing this but they chose one of the worst places to bike to for this gathering. I mean seriously. Java Shack would have made more sense.
From an advocacy point of view, it is a great place for this. It gives a great opportunity to talk about a corridor that isn't very easy to travel.

Hope to see y'all out there.

Pete

Erin Potter
07-15-2014, 09:14 AM
Just wanted to thank you guys for coming out this morning. We had a nice crew from the forum, with a few new faces as well. It was an early call, but y'all rally well! Thanks again and see ya out there!

consularrider
07-15-2014, 09:15 AM
You can see us (http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Celebrating-Summer-Hyattsville-Falls-Church-Herndon-Arlington-Silver-Spring-H-Street-Woodbridge-News4-Today-is--266506551.html) all lurking across Columbia Pike as she interviews Chris, but the cars block the view of us riding out. Click on the "Celebrating an Active Arlington" video.

PotomacCyclist
07-15-2014, 10:03 PM
I didn't read this thread until after the event. Bummer. I don't usually wake up that early, but I might have made an exception this time.