PDA

View Full Version : my bike to work day plans

lordofthemark
05-13-2014, 10:22 AM
I look forward to meeting some of you guys on BTWD - I think the only folks from the forum I have met have been the ones in FABB, and I am not sure you all know me by my handle here. My intent is to stop at Crystal City then proceed to Canal Park. I will be riding a silver Kona Dew. I will probably wear my 2013 BTWD t -shirt, but it may well be under a jacket of some kind given the likely weather.

jrenaut
05-13-2014, 10:33 AM
I was hoping to head out early and help americancyclo lead a group in to Freedom Plaza, but I don't think it's going to happen. I will be at Freedom Plaza regardless. Hopefully we don't have to listen to the lame duck mayor give another condescending speech this year.

chris_s
05-13-2014, 01:40 PM
I will be manning the BAC table at the Columbia Pike Pit Stop and then going on a bike ride to nowhere in particular. If you hit the Pike pit stop make sure you come say hi!

consularrider
05-13-2014, 01:49 PM
Hope to see some of you at the Ballston/FB pitstop where I'll be a volunteer doing something terribly important, I'm sure. ;)

bobco85
05-13-2014, 02:03 PM
I plan on heading to the Rosslyn pit stop, then heading to the East Falls Church pit stop, and lastly going to the Ballston pit stop.

...oh, and I guess going to work afterwards, since it wouldn't make sense to take a day off from work on Bike to WORK Day ;)

PeteD
05-13-2014, 02:38 PM
Vienna, Merrifield, EFC, Ballston, Rosslyn, Waterfront Park, Meigs Park.. And to work by 10am (i.e. back home in Falls Church)...

Hrm, no time for FMCCII though. Too Ambitious?

--Pete

KayakCyndi
05-13-2014, 02:49 PM
Hrm, no time for FMCCII though. Too Ambitious?

--Pete

We discussed the need to hold HDCC in Crystal City tomorrow. Perhaps we should have FCCII at the Ballston BTWD stop ...

dbb
05-13-2014, 03:31 PM
An ephemeral FCC IV will be held really early at Rosslyn for the volunteers.

KelOnWheels
05-14-2014, 07:41 AM
...oh, and I guess going to work afterwards, since it wouldn't make sense to take a day off from work on Bike to WORK Day ;)

Pft. I TOTALLY am taking the day off to celebrate.

I'm gonna hit Crystal City at 7 AM and then head over to Rosslyn to help out. You might see me around with a WABA trailer after that :D

jonathankrall
05-14-2014, 04:03 PM
I'll be on stage at the Alexandria Old Town pit stop, reading raffle numbers and, if any show up, introducing politicians. At about 8:30 I'll ride to work across the Wilson Bridge to SW DC via Oxon Hill Farms Park Trail. Hopefully I won't get attacked by one of those annoying geese. I'll be dressed for rain.