PDA

View Full Version : Arlington 2014 Paving Plan -- Bike/Ped thoughts

dasgeh
03-11-2014, 11:30 AM
In my endless hurry-up-and-wait loop at work, I got sucked into looking at Arlington County's 2014 paving plan. (http://arlingtonva.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/19/2013/12/2014-Paving-Projects-Map.pdf) I took some notes on improvements I'd like to see on the roads I know that are up for repaving. Of course, don't know all of these roads well. If you know them (especially if you bike around areas other than Cherrydale, Clarendon, and Lyon Park a lot), please take a look and add to the list. I know our friends in County staff look at these, but it can't hurt to nudge them to make sure improvements are made.

Here's my list:
- 15th St N between Quincy and Stafford: BIKE LANE PLEASE! Or sharrows, at the very least
- N Stafford St
- N Irving St between 23rd St and Old Dominion Drive -- that is the exit from the Custis into Maywood. Big hill. Possibly could improve the entrance/exit to the trail
- 20th St N between Kenmore St and Monroe -- hopefully this will get a sidewalk. Also, could "road diet" the intersection between Kenmore and 20th to slow cars down.
- Little Falls Rd: Safety improvements
- Wilson Blvd b/n Lexington and Florida: Complete street PLEASE.
- Wilson Blvd b/n Glebe and Wakefield: Complete street PLEASE.
- N Abdingdon b/n Wilson and Fairfax: fix the entry to the Bluemont Trail (can't get through with cargo bikes)
- N Henderson b/n 50 and 2nd St N: bike lanes please (this is a great N-S connector, as Henderson is the extension of Quincy)
- Clarendon Blvd b/n Highland and Cleveland: move out the parking and put in a protected bike lane. Please.
- S Eads St b/n 15th St S and 20th St S: Complete Street PLEASE.
- S Clark St b/n 20th St S and 26th St S: Complete Street PLEASE. Maybe even a 2 way protected bike lane?

chris_s
03-11-2014, 11:42 AM
Don't forget the Slurry Seal and Microsurfacing Plan (http://arlingtonva.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/19/2013/12/2014-Slurry-Seal-and-Microsurfacing-Map.pdf) - they gotta repaint the lines there to.