PDA

View Full Version : Tour de Fat is coming back! May 31, 2014

Arlingtonrider
01-29-2014, 06:52 PM
From an email I received today:

"The Tour de Fat returns to Washington, D.C. Get ready for another wild, wonky day of bike philanthropy. New Belgium Brewing's Tour de Fat had a whole lot of fun in the nation's capitol last year. So much, actually, that coming back for 2014 was a no-brainer. Crazy bikes, snappy costumes and a whole bunch of socially-responsible nutters (you included) will be back in Yards Park Saturday, May 31. Save the date, because this year will be bigger than ever (and, as always, proceeds from the event benefit local cycling-related non-profits.)"

consularrider
01-30-2014, 07:49 AM
Ok, Tour de Fat will be on May 31, but then so will Oxon Hills' Patuxent River Rural Legacy Bicycle Ride (http://ohbike.memberlodge.org/events?eventId=820421&EventViewMode=EventDetails). Let's see, I can check in and start riding the Patuxent as early as 7 am and if I maintain a 15 mph average speed and limit my time at the rest stops I should finish the 66 mile course by 1 pm with a quick bite at the finish. But then I have to figure out what to do with my car back at Tour de Fat. Maybe park at Hains Point and ride back over to Yards Park?

ShawnoftheDread
01-30-2014, 08:14 AM
But then I have to figure out what to do with my car back at Tour de Fat. Maybe park at Hains Point and ride back over to Yards Park?

That's what I did with the kids last year, though our friends found street parking closer than that.