PDA

View Full Version : BikeArlington is hiring!

Tim Kelley
01-15-2014, 09:33 AM
BikeArlington is hiring for our Event & Outreach Coordinator position! Please share this with anyone you think would be a great face to lead our in-person education and outreach.

http://www.bikearlington.com/pages/about/were-hiring-event-and-outreach-coordinator/

dasgeh
01-15-2014, 09:49 AM
Can we nominate Dirt?

Tim Kelley
01-15-2014, 09:52 AM
Can we nominate Dirt?

You may nominate whoever you think would be a good fit!

Also, here's a short link which is easier to remember: www.BikeArlington.com/hiring

ShawnoftheDread
01-15-2014, 10:19 AM
Wait a minute! That means someone's leaving. Someone we know and love. This can't be good.

rcannon100
01-15-2014, 10:23 AM
Someone we knew and loved far more than Tim.

http://www.mvjantzen.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mgp6.png

Tim Kelley
01-15-2014, 10:26 AM
Wait a minute! That means someone's leaving. Someone we know and love. This can't be good.

Gone. Left last year. And she didn't even say goodbye?

Now you need to sit back and think about who loves you back.

Tim Kelley
01-15-2014, 10:29 AM

For those who are curious, Zanna moved to New York. She's still looking for a job, so if you know anyone there who might be hiring, I'm sure she'd be grateful.

Here's her goodbye:

The reason I’m sending out such a mass email is because I’m letting everyone know that I have resigned from my position with BikeArlington and will no longer be your point of contact. I am moving to New York City, and am very excited to start a new life in the Big Apple.

I wanted to say that I am so extremely thankful to have worked at BikeArlington because, on top of having the best job I could ever ask for, I have met more people in two years than I ever would have imagined, and everyone I met has had a positive impact on my life. There was never a dull moment during my time here and I will take everything I’ve learned with me on to my next adventure.

I wish everyone all the best in life and I hope that bicycling plays a part, no matter how small! Thanks for giving me the chance to speak to you or work with you on anything related to biking!

ShawnoftheDread
01-15-2014, 10:34 AM

Story of my life. Just the other morning, my youngest wanted to watch My Little Pony instead of going on a bike ride with me. It's just a string of disappointments.

rcannon100
01-15-2014, 10:45 AM
It's just a string of disappointments.

Ah hell, you havent even hit mid-life yet. Just wait till you are a dithering old geezer, sitting in a barber shop, kvetching about "the kids these days."

Oh, by the way, you did see where my ride went to yesterday (http://www.strava.com/activities/106359369), right?

ShawnoftheDread
01-15-2014, 10:48 AM
Ah hell, you havent even hit mid-life yet. Just wait till you are a dithering old geezer, sitting in a barber shop, kvetching about "the kids these days."

I did that yesterday. And last month. And the month before that. And the month before that...

ShawnoftheDread
01-15-2014, 10:49 AM
Oh, by the way, you did see where my ride went to yesterday (http://www.strava.com/activities/106359369), right?

Career change in store?

Oh wait, that's not BAHQ. I don't know what's there. Urologist? Geriatrics center?

Oh, I get it.

consularrider
01-15-2014, 11:13 AM

Well, she did say goodbye to some of us.

jopamora
01-15-2014, 12:03 PM
The job posting says nothing about wearing crazy costumes or is that something implied for any Event & Outreach Coordinator gig?

ShawnoftheDread
01-15-2014, 12:51 PM
The job posting says nothing about wearing crazy costumes or is that something implied for any Event & Outreach Coordinator gig?

"Must be able to chauffeur a large man in a dress around bike events, using only a BMX and a sidecar."

Tim Kelley
01-15-2014, 01:07 PM

"Must be able to chauffeur a large man in a dress around bike events, using only a BMX and a sidecar."

You wouldn't believe me if I told you that was Zanna's idea...

But seriously, it's a fun job!

elwbikes
01-23-2014, 11:53 AM
Who do I address the cover letter to?
:D

Tim Kelley
01-23-2014, 11:55 AM
Who do I address the cover letter to?
:D

Will the "The Fine Folks at BikeArlington" work for you?

cephas
01-23-2014, 01:09 PM

Sounds positively misogynist. or just a little masochistic.

PotomacCyclist
01-23-2014, 04:47 PM
For those who are curious, Zanna moved to New York. She's still looking for a job, so if you know anyone there who might be hiring, I'm sure she'd be grateful.

Here's her goodbye:

Good luck, Zanna!

elwbikes
01-24-2014, 03:47 PM
Will the "The Fine Folks at BikeArlington" work for you?

Doesn't work well with Dear, but I guess that's what I get for asking questions in a bike forum, haha.