PDA

View Full Version : Team 2, assemble!

cvcalhoun
01-04-2014, 07:02 PM
As of today, we've located everyone who is supposed to be on Team 2. We're over at http://app.strava.com/clubs/46386/members.
For the record, the following are the members of Team 2:

consularrider CAPTAIN
Subby
acl
Terpfan (This is listed in the roster as TerpAlum, but since there is no such person, I'm assuming that Terpfan is the one meant.)
TwoWheelsDC
mllwhnp
scorchedearth
elwbikes
cvcalhoun

bikenurse
01-04-2014, 08:28 PM
I'm in. Thanks for getting us started!

Subby
01-05-2014, 08:13 AM
She's in! :)

Just waiting for our fearless leader. He's probably grinding a 300 miler just because he can. :)

cvcalhoun
01-05-2014, 09:33 PM
Fearless leader has now been located, so all we need is Terpfan. Terpfan, if you see this, please request to join at http://app.strava.com/clubs/46386.

Terpfan
01-05-2014, 09:52 PM
Fearless leader has now been located, so all we need is Terpfan. Terpfan, if you see this, please request to join at http://app.strava.com/clubs/46386.

Done and correct on roster name.

cvcalhoun
01-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Whee! We've now got everyone accounted for!

consularrider
01-07-2014, 11:04 AM
Well, I'm sorry I let the team down with such a short ride this morning. :rolleyes:

cvcalhoun
01-07-2014, 02:22 PM
Dang, didn't the rules specify that you had to ride so much that our team would win, even if the rest of us just stayed home with hot chocolate?

Well, I'm sorry I let the team down with such a short ride this morning. :rolleyes:

Amalitza
01-22-2014, 10:07 AM
Dear Team 2, you are awesome but humor me for a moment and allow me to be all mother hen on you today.

Those of you who have the proper bike, tires, clothes, and experience to ride in negative wind chills with snow and ice on the ground, carry on if you choose but carefully please.

Those of us who do not-- today will make an excellent rest day!!! Final decision pending road conditions when I get home this evening, but I'm 99% sure I will forego even a sleaze ride today. The one I did after the last snow turned out to be not such a great idea. Follow my wimpy example and stay off the bike if you are unsure. Winning is fun, true, but being able to ride a bike because you're not injured is even more fun.

All other teams that are not team 2, honestly I think just to be safe you should stay off your bikes for the next several days. Maybe longer. :cool:

Subby
01-22-2014, 11:10 AM
First someone breaks consularrider's handlebars, now someone else has hacked acl's account. ;)

WILL THE BAFS SHENANIGANS NEVER CEASE?

Sleaze! Sleaze! Sleaze! (but be safe!)

Terpfan
01-22-2014, 11:19 AM
Dear Team 2, you are awesome but humor me for a moment and allow me to be all mother hen on you today.

Those of you who have the proper bike, tires, clothes, and experience to ride in negative wind chills with snow and ice on the ground, carry on if you choose but carefully please.

Those of us who do not-- today will make an excellent rest day!!! Final decision pending road conditions when I get home this evening, but I'm 99% sure I will forego even a sleaze ride today. The one I did after the last snow turned out to be not such a great idea. Follow my wimpy example and stay off the bike if you are unsure. Winning is fun, true, but being able to ride a bike because you're not injured is even more fun.

All other teams that are not team 2, honestly I think just to be safe you should stay off your bikes for the next several days. Maybe longer. :cool:

If only I had studded tires. The trails did look horrible driving in. This is not to say I can't ride up and down my street some tonight, slowly, of course, for the sleaze ride. But I wouldn't dare go down some of the hills that come off the street for fear of ending up in the hospital until it's consistently 60+ out. The worst part of all this snow and ice is that the temperature won't climb out of the 20s until this weekend. Ugh.

consularrider
01-22-2014, 11:27 AM
Even with proper gear some of this morning's commute was not much fun, but at least I wasn't cold.

ShawnoftheDread
01-22-2014, 01:49 PM
Even with proper gear some of this morning's commute was not much fun, but at least I wasn't cold.

I don't know what weather system you were riding it, but it was 6 degrees and windy when I left my house.

cvcalhoun
01-22-2014, 02:14 PM
I don't know about consularrider, but I wear a light shirt, then a turtleneck wool sweater, then an LLBean down parka. There is a wool face mask and a wool cap under my helmet. I have Bar Mitts on my handlebars, and wear ski gloves under them. With all that, I am literally never cold on a bike ride, no matter what the external temperature.

I don't know what weather system you were riding it, but it was 6 degrees and windy when I left my house.

ShawnoftheDread
01-22-2014, 02:22 PM
I don't know about consularrider, but I wear a light shirt, then a turtleneck wool sweater, then an LLBean down parka. There is a wool face mask and a wool cap under my helmet. I have Bar Mitts on my handlebars, and wear ski gloves under them. With all that, I am literally never cold on a bike ride, no matter what the external temperature.

Yeah, I misread his "I wasn't" as "it wasn't."

TwoWheelsDC
01-22-2014, 09:07 PM
Sorry team, I tried to do a CaBi sleaze ride, but my key wasn't working

bikenurse
01-22-2014, 09:23 PM
I rode around my neighborhood this morning while the sun was bright and the snow was crispy. Didn't ride far for fear of snow plows. I let some air of of the tires on my Rove and did ok. LOTS of layers and ski goggles made it possible. And I only rode about 2 miles. I'm lucky I live in a quiet neighborhood and can get in a short ride pretty easily.

dkel
01-22-2014, 10:36 PM
I rode around my neighborhood this morning while the sun was bright and the snow was crispy. Didn't ride far for fear of snow plows. I only rode about 2 miles. I'm lucky I live in a quiet neighborhood and can get in a short ride pretty easily.

Amen, sister!

(Except: Go Team 7!!)

dasgeh
01-22-2014, 11:28 PM
CaBi performed pretty impressively in the slush. Plus, I could find easy parking, CaBi to happy hour and CaBi back to the car. Sleaze ride - check. Happy hour - check. Home mostly on time - check. Gotta love CaBi.

cvcalhoun
01-22-2014, 11:41 PM
I have lots of cold weather clothing, but my bike is not good with ice. Fortunately, the streets around me weren't bad, so I at least managed to get in my sleaze ride to the Y.

Amalitza
01-23-2014, 10:03 AM
Sleaze! Sleaze! Sleaze!

Discretion, valor, blah blah.:o

In penance, I'll see what I can do about finding some actual miles somewhere I can ride today and/or tomorrow rather than just sleaze. 11 missed points to make up from yesterday.:)