PDA

View Full Version : Matchbox/Tonka-style bike toys

cyclingfool
11-06-2013, 12:12 PM
My 18 month old is fascinated with bikes; he loves to check out mine, play with my helmet, go for rides in his trailer, and points out bikes either parked or going down the street when he sees them, saying with great enjoyment, "bike!" And I think I'll try to introduce him to his Skuut balance bike by the end of the year.

I want to continue to foster his love and appreciation for bicycles, and he's getting to the age where he will soon be into miniature toys. He already has a tractor and a plane courtesy of grandpa. Obviously there are TONS of toy cars of varying scales and sizes, but I've been doing some looking around, and it is proving even more difficult than I would have imagined to find bicycle equivalents. For Christmas or for his birthday in the spring, I was thinking I would love to get him a toddler-appropriate (i.e., no serious choking hazards), miniature bicycle toy that he could push around on the floor the way kids do with Tonka trucks, Matchbox cars, etc.

I was hoping that maybe someone here has found something along the lines I am describing for their own kids and can point me in the right direction. Any suggestions or experiences anyone can share?

rpiretti
11-12-2013, 09:07 PM
Dude! My son is the same age and was going to let him play with this one soon. Can get this brand at classic toy shops. Hope this helps! BTW- I think these are ZIPP wheels he's using. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/13/3u5adu5e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

cyclingfool
11-13-2013, 09:50 AM
Dude! My son is the same age and was going to let him play with this one soon. Can get this brand at classic toy shops. Hope this helps! BTW- I think these are ZIPP wheels he's using.

Thank you! This is AWESOME! That's exactly the kind of thing I had in mind. Looks like it's on the smaller side and might have to be a supervised toy for now, but that's the best I've seen so far. Thanks!