PDA

View Full Version : Hats for little heads!

Tim Kelley
11-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Does anyone have any recommendations for a winter hat that would fit a 3 year old's head, but that is thin enough to go on under a helmet? Maybe even just a headband?

What have others used to keep little ears warm?

jopamora
11-05-2013, 11:44 AM
I use a wool buff and it looks like they make ones for kiddos. (http://www.buffusa.com/sports/collections/filter/junior)

OneEighth
11-05-2013, 01:53 PM
HJC used to make motorcycle helmet liners that are thin and fairly small. My daughter used my old helmet liner for years.

oldbikechick
11-05-2013, 10:15 PM
My daughter wore my under helmet skull cap (or whatever they are called) with ear flaps. Since it is so stretchy, it fit her fine.

Tim Kelley
11-06-2013, 09:40 AM
My daughter wore my under helmet skull cap (or whatever they are called) with ear flaps. Since it is so stretchy, it fit her fine.

Details? Link?

oldbikechick
11-06-2013, 08:53 PM
Details? Link?

I have two and I can't remember which one she wore, but looking at the tags, one is Pearl Izumi skull cap, just the plain thin stretchy one, and the other is "BEC-TECH" which is also thin and stretchy, but has a little nap to the fabric to make it cozier. I also find that her face gets cold pretty quickly in the weehoo, but a kid's size neck gaiter did the trick (we picked that up at a ski shop a few years ago)

dasgeh
11-07-2013, 09:58 AM
I haven't answered because we just put on the rain cover, and we haven't needed more warmth. Yes, this totally deserves to be ELITEd.

jrenaut
11-07-2013, 10:00 AM
Rule 5.

Meganomics
11-11-2013, 09:58 PM
If there's any chance that you'd consider upgrading to a new helmet, I love the Bern "Nino/Nina" kids' helmets with the fuzzy winter lining. The winter liner keeps my son's ears and head warm, and when summer comes, I switch it out for a summer liner that has a visor.

Tim Kelley
11-25-2013, 10:33 AM
Two weeks ago we sat down at the computer together and went through the options on the Buff website. In the end, she choose the dinosaur themed one (http://www.buffusa.com/sports/collections/baby-buff-reg/styles/dindino). It arrived last week.

She wore it this morning (although she doesn't like having it cover her ears yet) and it seemed to keep her nice and warm!

acc
11-25-2013, 10:50 AM
Another place to look for hard to find items is Etsy. You can tell from the excitement on his face that Rambo is thrilled with his new hat from Etsy ~ $12.4137