PDA

View Full Version : Blinky Monday?

Mikey
10-18-2013, 09:56 AM
Tim,
Are the good folks at Bike Arlington passing out blinky lights at Lee/Laurel on November 4th when it starts to get dark? Do you need volunteers?

Just looking forward to restocking.

Tim Kelley
10-18-2013, 11:58 AM
Magic Eight Ball says "Outlook good."

Check back the next week or so for a call for volunteers.

TwoWheelsDC
10-18-2013, 12:27 PM
Sort of on the same subject...Tim, at the fair, we were handing out "I (bike) Arlington" bumper-type stickers, but they were pretty flimsy and the one I had disintegrated after a couple of rides in the rain. Any chance of getting those same stickers in a reflective vinyl (or whatever material it is), which would complement the "be seen" message?

Tim Kelley
10-18-2013, 12:39 PM
Sort of on the same subject...Tim, at the fair, we were handing out "I (bike) Arlington" bumper-type stickers, but they were pretty flimsy and the one I had disintegrated after a couple of rides in the rain. Any chance of getting those same stickers in a reflective vinyl (or whatever material it is), which would complement the "be seen" message?

Perchance. I think the ones we gave out at the Fair were the initial stock that came in on the wrong paper. We have thicker paper now, but I hadn't thought about doing reflective vinyl for them. Sounds pricey, but maybe something to think about in the future.

OneEighth
10-18-2013, 01:34 PM
Magnetic bumper stickers are better

ShawnoftheDread
10-18-2013, 01:54 PM
Magnetic bumper stickers are better

Crabon don't take magnets, so Tim won't buy them.

DismalScientist
10-18-2013, 02:01 PM
Crabon don't take magnets, so Tim won't buy them.

You can probably fix that by gluing a big ole hunk of iron to the inside of the frame.

Tim Kelley
10-18-2013, 02:03 PM
The babyseat is plastic--I'm not made of money!

(FYI--I like to refer to the other bikes as being made of "carpetfiber" rather than crabon")

PotomacCyclist
10-18-2013, 06:47 PM
Tubular tire glue can be used to attach those stickers to CF. Problem solved.

APKhaos
10-18-2013, 11:13 PM
Reflective metal signs. Pop rivet them onto any frame material. Done. :cool: