PDA

View Full Version : Give-a-Bike 50 state tour coming to the DC area in April! HELP NEEDED!

MCL1981
03-20-2011, 06:47 PM
Adam and Christina Coppola, from my hometown of Madison, CT are currently bicycling for charity through all 50 states. No cars. No fuel. Straight up pedaling through every state throughout the entire calendar year of 2011. Rather than me rambling about what they're doing and why, please see their website for all the good stuff.

http://www.giveabike.com

So I've volunteered to spread the word around the DC area cycling community and the area bike shops. I'd like to find a place that would like to host a meet-and-greet event and have Adam and Christy present about their cycling adventure and charities. With all the area cycling groups, and vast number of people who bike for work and pleasure, there is no reason this can't be a huge hit in town. (hint hint, lots of customers and exposure for you're bike shop.....). Depending on where the route takes them, a group ride leading to the meet-and-greet could happen too.

I would also like to start "advertising" their arrival. I should know within the next week or so when they will be rolling into town. So any and all local bike shops, groups, or places that can take some posters and talk it up, that would be great. E-Mail or reply here so I can get to work.

MCL1981
03-27-2011, 04:46 PM
An arrival date to Washington DC has been determined! Adam and Christy will be here the third week of April. I'm looking for a bike shop willing to host a meet and greet, presentation, and maybe kick off an evening group ride on WEDNESDAY 4/13. Please if anyone owns or has contacts at the Washington DC area bike shops, spread the word.

MCL1981
04-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Anyone? Anyone? Bueler?

eminva
04-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Hello --

Did you try contacting any bike shops directly? I am on the email lists of several and judging from the mailings I get, they do tend to host lots of events and this would probably fit in someone's niche. I'm just not sure if people from bike shops tend to monitor this message board, however. I would hate for them to miss an opportunity because they didn't know.

Liz

MCL1981
04-04-2011, 09:43 AM
I've been working my way down the list calling and e-mailing. Unfortunately my family was in town all last week and this past weekend so I haven't had a lot of spare time. Now that they're all gone, I'm hoping to have more time to hunt down a shop. I already know that the downtown City Bikes, Revolution Cycles, and Rollin' Cycles can not due to staffing and space. I'm hoping to hear back from the AdMo and Chevy Chase City Bikes today and work my way further down the list.