PDA

View Full Version : Looking for female biker who hit 4-yr old son

DWDomond
09-06-2013, 09:37 AM
Good morning. I am not a biker but a runner, however a friend recommended I join WABA because I am looking for an area cyclist who ran over my 4-year old son with her bike. Late afternoon Wednesday (Sept. 4, 2013) at Watkins Regional Park at approximately 7:40 my 4-year old son and I were jogging on the path next to other pedestrians. A fit, light-skinned black woman (possibly early to mid-30s) who was riding with a gentleman (perhaps mid-50s) with salt-and-pepper hair was speeding on the path, yelled "left", and then proceeded to knock over my four year old who doesn't yet know his right from left. Rather than getting off her bike when she saw my son panicking in front of her and not moving, she kept going and simply yelled "watch out." She did not get off her bike until after she had knocked him down, ran over his right arm with her bike, and I pushed her from continuing to hit him again. Both bones in my son's forearm are broken.

Unfortunately, too worried about my son at the time, I didn't think to get the information of the biker before taking my son the the Emergency Room. The couple were preparing to leave together in a silver jeep, and did not offer their contact information. If anyone may be familiar with these bikers, would you kindly contact me.

Thank you for your assistance.

Tim Kelley
09-09-2013, 08:53 AM
Sorry to hear that--here's hoping for a speedy recovery!