PDA

View Full Version : Early Morning Traffic Enforcement in Falls Church

Dirt
03-15-2011, 07:19 AM
As Martha Stewart would say, "It's a good thing."

Falls Church police have started doing traffic enforcement rather vigorously in the early morning hours. It started last week and has continued yesterday and today. I noticed two people pulled over for running the stop sign on West street approaching Rt. 7. (Editorial note: How stupid do you have to be to run a stop sign while a police officer is standing right there writing a ticket for someone who ran the same stop sign???? Rant over.) Yesterday someone was pulled over for speeding along West street and a second person for not doing a legal right on red onto Washington Blvd next to the W&OD crossing. Today someone was speeding on West street and got nabbed.

Bravo Falls Church!!! Thank you!!!!

Pete

PS: I am not just cheering that they're pulling over cars. If they pulled over cyclists or pedestrians for breaking the law, I'd be cheering for that too. :D I like fair and equal enforcement.

DismalScientist
03-15-2011, 08:46 AM
Umm... Washington Blvd. is in Arlington. Perhaps they are going extraterritorial in their taxing, er enforcement policies. Taking after the water department, I suppose. :)

Dirt
03-15-2011, 12:01 PM
Maybe Arlington is too. I didn't stop to see what was written on the car. I just saw flashing lights. Sorry for the confusion.

PrintError
03-15-2011, 06:09 PM
I've been rear ended 3 times in this area for stopping at stop signs. The reaction every time was "I didn't think you were going to STOP stop." Silly sheep...

Dirt
03-15-2011, 08:15 PM
I got rear ended last year by a cyclist who was texting at one of those intersections. I was laughing too hard to be pissed off.