PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Phoenix Bikes....

JustinW
03-10-2011, 06:45 AM
I wanted to offer kudos to the folks at Phoenix Bikes in Arlington. A week ago I engaged on what I thought might be a fruitless quest for a replacement part for a seat post clamp. Bike stores expressed sympathy but could not help. The common suggestion was to buy a replacement for the whole seat post. Enter the Phoenix ... When presented with the same query, two different people dug into the shop's collection of parts and, after about 15 or 20 minutes of searching and trying various pieces, they found a piece perfectly matching my needs.

Not only did they save me money (@ $4 vs $65 or more for a full replacement) but they were extremely courteous while searching, and overall they really impressed with their interest in helping.

Phoenix runs a great program and they fix up a ton of bikes while teaching kids how to conduct good business. If you are in need of even a trivial part, please consider stopping by (4200 S. Four Mile Run Dr. in BARCROFT Park). I think you, too, will appreciate what is going on at Phoenix.

Tim Kelley
03-10-2011, 08:11 AM
+1 for this! I've had a number of similar experiences trying to get an older bike up and running. Where the bigger shops wanted to charge me $200 or more for new replacement parts, Phoenix had some older parts that got the job done for under $25!