PDA

View Full Version : Annual Arlington Green Home and Garden Tour on Sunday, June 2nd from 1:00-5:00pm

Tim Kelley
05-23-2013, 11:00 AM
Come bike with us on the Annual Arlington Green Home and Garden Tour on Sunday, June 2nd from 1:00-5:00pm.

This tour is sponsored by Arlingtonians for a Clean Environment (ACE) and Arlington County. The bike tour component will include 5 homes that feature sustainable building and living practices within new construction and renovation projects. Several homeowners will also showcase their porous driveways, stormwater planters, raingardens, vegetated rooftop, and native gardens. The bike tour will begin in the Courthouse area and travel around North Arlington in an 11 mile loop. A map will be available at the tour. You can find out more about the overall tour and registering for the bike portion of the tour at http://www.arlingtonenvironment.org/events/gardentour/

dasgeh
05-23-2013, 12:06 PM
Wait, wasn't it ACE that objected to extending the trail on the West side of Washington Blvd? Interestingly, this tour would benefit from having that trail (if someone wanted to go from G to L)

baiskeli
05-23-2013, 12:55 PM
Wait, wasn't it ACE that objected to extending the trail on the West side of Washington Blvd? Interestingly, this tour would benefit from having that trail (if someone wanted to go from G to L)

As you may know, my wife is executive director of ACE. She tells me the ACE board has not taken a position on that trail.

dasgeh
05-23-2013, 01:30 PM
As you may know, my wife is executive director of ACE. She tells me the ACE board has not taken a position on that trail.

Sorry, got my Arlington Environmental groups confused. Back to liking ACE.

JustinW
05-23-2013, 02:12 PM
FWIW, the bike tour portion of the event will hit houses labelled B through F on the event's PDF / booklet (http://www.arlingtonenvironment.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/GardenTour13.pdf).

baiskeli
05-23-2013, 02:19 PM
Sorry, got my Arlington Environmental groups confused. Back to liking ACE.

Crisis averted!