PDA

View Full Version : MTB Ride: Wednesdays at Lake Fairfax, Reston

jabberwocky
05-02-2013, 01:29 PM
A few weeks ago Dirt and I started up an after-work casual MTB ride at Lake Fairfax. For those who don't know it, Lake Fairfax is a park in Reston that has several miles of natural surface trails.

Trail info:
http://www.logoffrideon.com/trails/index.php?title=Lake_Fairfax

We meet at the Ice Rink, which is right off the W&OD at Michael Faraday Drive, at 6:30pm and ride for 75-90 minutes or so, finishing up right at dark. Loops have been ~7 miles, hitting most of the stuff in the park at a fairly relaxed pace. The trails there are relatively easy in MTB terms, with the occasional log and pile of rocks, but mostly pretty newb friendly. We go at a casual pace (both Dirt and I are experienced ride leaders and we're out there to have fun, not do a punishing training ride or anything).

We've been promoting it at the usual MTB destinations (MORE, Facebook), but I thought I'd let folks here know as well. If anyone wants to give mountainbiking a try, this would be a great ride to do so on!

JoeB
05-02-2013, 03:17 PM
Sounds great Jabberwocky - with any luck my schedule will cooperate and I'll see you next week!

txgoonie
05-02-2013, 03:46 PM
Two thumbs up for Jabber as a ride leader. I'd definitely be going to these if it weren't so hard to get to Reston by then.

Dirt
05-07-2013, 05:42 AM
Me being me, I ride to the start from Falls Church. It is a pleasant roll on the W&OD. It basically adds about an hour of mellow riding to the front and back of the ride. You'll definitely need lights for the ride home. It is truly lovely and a relaxed, mellow ride. Y'all are welcome to join me. I usually leave around 5pm.

One other note: If there's been rain in the day or two preceding the ride, please check with us to make sure it hasn't been canceled. Here's the thread on the MORE forum which always has the up-to-date information: http://www.more-mtb.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25600

Look forward to seeing y'all out there!

Dirt.