PDA

View Full Version : Vote For Bike Themed Arlington Vehicle Decal

bArlington
01-13-2011, 07:23 PM
The design for Arlington's Vehicle Decal is decided through a competition between Arlington high school students. Each year high school students can submit their designs. The four finalists receive a savings bond and their submissions are put up for a vote. This is a pretty cool program that gives kids the opportunity to establish a portfolio. Many of the submissions come from the Arlington Career Center which has a tremendous art program.

One of the submissions is bike themed. It is "multi faceted Arlington" submitted by my kid.

http://www.arlingtonva.us/Departments/treasurer/images/decals/multi-facetedArlington_sm.JPG

Last summer he and I biked the C&O canal out to Harpers Ferry. During the spring time a regular weekend excursion is out the W&OD to Lazy Sunday, or Shirlington (for milk shakes or smoothies) or Vienna (for of course ice cream).

Please consider voting. It's a small thing. But it is a reflection of how Arlington sees itself - and voting for a bike decal does help promote biking. Imagine every arlington car having a biking decal on its windshield :o The link is http://www.arlingtonva.us/Departments/treasurer/forms/DecalVote10_11_sav.asp

OneEighth
01-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Great idea. My daughter wanted me to say she likes the picture. Needless to say, y'all got our household's vote.
Hope your son's design wins.

skreaminquadz
01-14-2011, 07:15 AM
If only I lived in Arlington!

Great design - I'm sure you're very proud. I hope your son wins!

SerialCarpins
01-26-2011, 11:10 AM
Same here....I live up in Bethesda and can't vote, but just wanted to pop in and say I enjoyed your son's design. Fine work. Biking is such a great thing to share, and I hope to do the same with my son someday (Well...beyond the rides we take with him in his little bike seat. :D )

Best of luck on the contest!

StopMeansStop
01-30-2011, 12:21 PM
Ugly. No way.

CCrew
01-31-2011, 03:41 AM
Ugly. No way.

Guess your mom never told you "if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all"

WillStewart
01-31-2011, 08:17 AM
Guess your mom never told you "if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all"

Physician, heal thyself...

Mariner
01-31-2011, 09:43 AM
That's cool.

I don't think Fairfax issues vehicle decals any more. They have other ways of getting you.

CCrew
01-31-2011, 10:07 AM
That's cool.

I don't think Fairfax issues vehicle decals any more. They have other ways of getting you.

Do they do the same as Frederick County does and charge you for the sticker they don't give you? :-)

CCrew
01-31-2011, 10:07 AM
Physician, heal thyself...

Don't make me make more recumbent jokes.

WillStewart
01-31-2011, 11:48 AM
I rest my case...

CCrew
01-31-2011, 12:07 PM
I rest my case...

Yawn.......