PDA

View Full Version : Group Ride - Cap City Brewery to Port City Brewery - 1/26/13 12:00pm

Steve
12-19-2012, 11:54 AM
Hello all!

So my first attempt at putting together a social group ride didn't go so well. I figured this time I'd offer something that bike riders can rarely pass up: beer.

I'm putting together a casual group ride from Capital City Brewery in Shirlington to Port City Brewery in Alexandria. The plan is to meet up and depart Cap City at noon on Saturday, January 26th. The ride will take the mostly easy rolling 6.3 mile trip down to Port City for a tour and/or tasting. We will leave Port City around 3 to make sure people get back to Shirlington before the sun starts to go down. The details of the route are on the mapmyrun link below, and the facebook page for the event is below as well. Hope to see some folks there!

Steve

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Arlington-Bicycling-Community/530304786996988?sk=events#!/events/343649039075774/

http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/160104104

KelOnWheels
12-19-2012, 12:29 PM
I'm KelOnWheels, and I approve this message.

consularrider
12-19-2012, 12:49 PM
I've put it on my 2013 ride calendar. Now I just have to make sure I don't get stuck with a business trip over that period.

Dirt
12-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Our book club did something similar to that this summer. It is a wonderful ride! Y'all will have fun. The Brewery tour at Port City is really cool if you are in sync for that.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7090/7380254128_c5bbcdd68e_b.jpg

The tasting is well worth the trip. I like their beer a lot!

Arlingtonrider
12-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Steve,

I'll plan to be there too, unless something comes up at work. Sounds like fun!

Kathy

baiskeli
12-20-2012, 11:04 AM
I'll try to do this too - gotta check my calendar, and my wife's and both my daughters'.

Thanks for your persistence, Steve.

SteveTheTech
12-20-2012, 12:12 PM
Ohh, this one got my attention.

Sounds like a fun ride. The people at Port City are awesome. They would probably open a back gate or something to safely store the bikes, as I bet they don't have a rack...or do they?

Kudos sir,

jrenaut
12-20-2012, 12:50 PM
I'd like to get down to Port City. I need to renew my mental image of them. See, my first introduction to the beer was when their IPA won the Meridian Pint IPA tournament. They set it up like March Madness, and people voted, and they won. In consecutive weeks, it beat out Bear Republic Racer 5 and Bell's Two Hearted.

Now, you may not be an IPA fan, but I am. And as an IPA fan, I can tell you that Port City's IPA, while pleasant, IS NOT BETTER than two of the best IPAs in the world (I'm not including double and imperial IPAs in this comparison).

So, it isn't Port City's fault that a bunch of crazy people came to Meridian Pint during the contest. But it certainly has colored my view of them. And I'd like to change that, because I like supporting local businesses and drinking local alcohol (any kind of alcohol, really, but that's not the point).

Steve
12-20-2012, 04:59 PM
I appreciate all the feedback and comments that I have recieved (both here, Twitter, and FB). I really mean that. It's made extremely excited for the ride and I hope we have a good crowd and good weather. For those who haven't been to Port City, as has been said here, its a really fun place, good people, and tasty beers. I also wanted to touch two quick things:

1. SteveTheTech - First of all, great first name! Second, I was thinking along the same lines. Unfortunately this week, I haven't been able to get ahold of them, as they aren't open during the day, and my nights have been busy. I am going to ask them if we can line up our bikes somewhere in the back of the warehouse, as they won't be brewing at this time, and there is a good amount of room. Hopefully they can help out, and thanks for the advice.

2. jrenaut - Saying that their IPA is better than Two Hearted is a good reason to be angry. I understand. But their beers are very good. I especially like the Stout.

Again, thanks all so much for the positive feedback. I can't wait for the ride!

jrenaut
12-20-2012, 06:07 PM
2. jrenaut - Saying that their IPA is better than Two Hearted is a good reason to be angry. I understand. But their beers are very good. I especially like the Stout.
This is why I want to give them a second chance - it's not their fault that the contest went the way it did, and I do think they make good beer.

Arlingtonrider
12-20-2012, 07:21 PM
Was anyone able to pull up the route from the link Steve provided? I couldn't get it and am curious about which one he chose.

Steve
12-20-2012, 09:12 PM
Was anyone able to pull up the route from the link Steve provided? I couldn't get it and am curious about which one he chose.

It should be working as of midday today. I had accidentally set the map as private before. Let me know if it's still not working and I'll try to get it fixed. Thanks!

Arlingtonrider
12-21-2012, 10:33 AM
Thanks Steve! It's great that you're doing this. We're gonna miss you on Sunday, but will keep in mind the visual you provided for us earlier on the HP 100 thread. ;). No rush on the map. Enjoy your holidays!

vvill
12-21-2012, 06:19 PM
I like their Porter.

Also, when I was there they had a bike rack outside that is visible from the tasting room windows.

SteveTheTech
01-02-2013, 12:29 PM
I'd like to get down to Port City. I need to renew my mental image of them.

Now, you may not be an IPA fan, but I am. And as an IPA fan, I can tell you that Port City's IPA, while pleasant, IS NOT BETTER than two of the best IPAs in the world (I'm not including double and imperial IPAs in this comparison).

And I'd like to change that, because I like supporting local businesses and drinking local alcohol (any kind of alcohol, really, but that's not the point).

I too am the rare to earth actual IPA fan. I like them dark and hoppy, the darker and hoppier the better. I too really like what Port City is doing, where they have come in a very short period of time and what they do for our eat local movement. However to win on a larger stage like that I am a bit skeptical. I would hate to take anything away from their hard work and craftsmanship in their product but I too do not know if it runs with the big dogs in micro brews just yet.
However their Deracho brew was very good, and I too really like their Porter. I think that Sierra Nevada and Bells would still take the cake on that. Personally I am smitten with Devils Backbones (from just outside of Charlottesville Va) Eight Point IPA, but that is a very polarizing brew. New Belgiums' Ranger IPA is a nice one too, I am partial to good beer in cans though.

I appreciate all the feedback and comments that I have recieved (both here, Twitter, and FB). I really mean that. It's made extremely excited for the ride and I hope we have a good crowd and good weather. For those who haven't been to Port City, as has been said here, its a really fun place, good people, and tasty beers.

1. SteveTheTech - First of all, great first name!

I too am excited for this ride....excited enough to actually take my bike off the trainer, put real tires on it and get outside for the first time longer than I care to admit. I feel like this could be a good ride no matter what time of the year it takes place.
Hey we're first name buddies...how a bout that, I figured that just Steve would have been taken, as it is on the rest of the internet. Good catch. :)
I do hope PC keeps bringing in the awards and growing their distribution area and making a good name for themselves, they are an awesome group of people out there who are very passionate about what they are doing.

crysb
01-02-2013, 01:45 PM
I'm interested in joining for the ride and tastings! Thanks for putting this together. Port City makes some good stuff.

bluerider
01-02-2013, 01:51 PM
I am interested in this. Beer and bikes........

Arlingtonrider
01-02-2013, 10:41 PM
Please count me in. Looking forward to it!

creadinger
01-04-2013, 10:25 AM
Wow, this sounds like a fun little ride! My wife and I are likely in, depending on weather.

consularrider
01-21-2013, 05:17 PM
Friday's weather's (http://weather.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/iwszone3) looking pretty crappy, and Saturday should be cold.

KelOnWheels
01-21-2013, 05:55 PM
Excellent!

Steve
01-23-2013, 06:37 AM
So, this is a little reminder message about the Cap City to Port City ride on Saturday. As has been noted in the thread, the weather on Friday is looking a bit dodgy. I hope to try to make a decision on whether or not we ride by Friday night. Please, please, please check back here or on the FB page before heading down there Saturday. If there is snow accumulation, I will likely cancel the ride. Holmes Run isn’t nearly as well travelled as some of the bigger trails in the area, and is a bit more in the woods. If snow accumulates, I do not want to chance it on the conditions. If anyone has any questions for me, please just let me know.
If the ride is cancelled, and folks still want to do a little afternoon happy hour at Port City, I would certainly be up for meeting there around 1 and hanging out for a while.
So….stay tuned and hopefully the snow will stay away!

Arlingtonrider
01-23-2013, 06:51 AM
Steve,

Happy hour at Port City, or did you mean Cap City? I just want to be sure of the plan. Either is fine. Appreciate your flexibility on the ride.

Kathy

Steve
01-23-2013, 06:54 AM
Steve,

Happy hour at Port City or Cap City? I just wanted to be sure.

Kathy

I was thinking Port City, just because it's somewhere a bit different.

consularrider
01-24-2013, 09:54 AM
So, this is a little reminder message about the Cap City to Port City ride on Saturday. As has been noted in the thread, the weather on Friday is looking a bit dodgy. I hope to try to make a decision on whether or not we ride by Friday night. Please, please, please check back here or on the FB page before heading down there Saturday. If there is snow accumulation, I will likely cancel the ride. Holmes Run isn’t nearly as well travelled as some of the bigger trails in the area, and is a bit more in the woods. If snow accumulates, I do not want to chance it on the conditions. If anyone has any questions for me, please just let me know.
If the ride is cancelled, and folks still want to do a little afternoon happy hour at Port City, I would certainly be up for meeting there around 1 and hanging out for a while.
So….stay tuned and hopefully the snow will stay away!
If the "official" ride is cancelled, I expect I'll still bicycle from the East Falls Church area if there is a 1pm happy hour at Port City. Shouldn't be any worse that the end of the week commutes.

Steve
01-24-2013, 10:41 AM
Unfortunately, I have decided to cancel the Cap City to Port City ride. With the snow, freeze, thaw cycle over the next two days, I just donít feel comfortable leading the group, especially thru Homes Run.

I still plan to be at Port City at 1pm, just by car. I believe Kathy is coming as well, Consularrider, and hopefully some others! I will try to reschedule the ride for later in February, or possibly early March. I want to say how much I appreciate all the great feedback and suggestions I got on this ride. Too bad Mother Nature didnít support it, but sometime soon it should be a great ride!

Hope to see you all on Saturday.

baiskeli
01-24-2013, 01:01 PM
Unfortunately, I have decided to cancel the Cap City to Port City ride. With the snow, freeze, thaw cycle over the next two days, I just don’t feel comfortable leading the group, especially thru Homes Run.

I still plan to be at Port City at 1pm, just by car. I believe Kathy is coming as well, Consularrider, and hopefully some others! I will try to reschedule the ride for later in February, or possibly early March. I want to say how much I appreciate all the great feedback and suggestions I got on this ride. Too bad Mother Nature didn’t support it, but sometime soon it should be a great ride!

Hope to see you all on Saturday.

I might make it to Port City.

krazygl00
01-24-2013, 04:58 PM
While it may be too late to "un-cancel" the ride, I would suggest that it would still be doable, just not via Holmes Run. You could follow the NCVC Tuesday Night Sprints route (http://www.ncvc.net/rides1/Tuesday%20Night%20Sprints.aspx)that leaves from Spokes in Alexandria and takes maintained streets down to Eisenhower.

Steve
01-24-2013, 06:45 PM
While it may be too late to "un-cancel" the ride, I would suggest that it would still be doable, just not via Holmes Run. You could follow the NCVC Tuesday Night Sprints route (http://www.ncvc.net/rides1/Tuesday%20Night%20Sprints.aspx)that leaves from Spokes in Alexandria and takes maintained streets down to Eisenhower.

Thanks for the thought. I'm going to keep it canceled this time though. I don't know that route at all and so not sure I should lead a group there. Also, I'm trying to keep the pace slow and so trying to be off major roads as much as possible. I'll probably go ride that route and check it out before I reschedule, that way I have a backup plan if I need one.

Again thanks for the info!

consularrider
01-24-2013, 07:03 PM
Is it the basic route Google suggests?

Steve
01-24-2013, 07:24 PM
Is it the basic route Google suggests?

Fair enough. Though who know what that means. :D I think the main thing is just that I don't feel comfortable leading it without ever having ridden the route. I'll definitely explore it as a possible route for next time because even a bunch of rain can make parts of Holmes Run though, so having two routes would be good.

rcannon100
01-24-2013, 08:18 PM
To the extent that its helpful, I am going to try to make it if the schedule permits.

But.... um.... how will I recognize y'all without your bicycle dayglo yellow vests on? Should we all just come in our bike gear anyway?

DismalScientist
01-24-2013, 08:31 PM
I'll volunteer to "lead" the ride, by which I mean that I take no responsibility besides bringing maps of the two alternate routes and trying to make sure we all stay together. I will carry no tools or anything. Bailouts will be via Metrobus. The schedule will be as follows:
12:00. Some meet near Westover (Ohio Street access to W&OD)

12:20 Start from Cap Cities\Shirlington. There we shall make routing decision.
1:00 Arrive Port City
Return to Cap Cities for potential after-event happy hour.
After that, potential post happy hour happy hour at Westover Beer Garden. (And you thought I was kidding:rolleyes:)

Bilsko
01-24-2013, 09:08 PM
@jrenault - Bear Rep. and Bells...two of the best IPAs in the world?
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/21201964.jpg

Don't get me wrong- they're both good (I just had 3x Bear's tonight) but for IPAs, you must head West (and/or south as the case may be).

Steve
01-25-2013, 06:13 AM
If people want to follow the DismalScientist, by all means go for it. I just think I'm sitting this one out, at least as far as the riding goes. The drinking on the other hand? I'm in.

Jrenault, don't listen to Bilsko. He might be a nice guy and a good rider, but trying to take Two Hearted off the top IPA list is nonsense. I'd agree that Racer, while good, isn't as good, but still. Two Hearted, Founders Centennial, maybe Stone? I need a drink....

mstone
01-25-2013, 06:18 AM
I'm amused by the arguing over the best IPA. Just swig some witch hazel and be done with it. Now a good bitter...

consularrider
01-25-2013, 08:28 AM
I'll volunteer to "lead" the ride, by which I mean that I take no responsibility besides bringing maps of the two alternate routes and trying to make sure we all stay together. I will carry no tools or anything. Bailouts will be via Metrobus. The schedule will be as follows:

12:00. Some meet near Westover (Ohio Street access to W&OD)
12:20 Start from Cap Cities\Shirlington. There we shall make routing decision.
1:00 Arrive Port City
Return to Cap Cities for potential after-event happy hour.
After that, potential post happy hour happy hour at Westover Beer Garden. (And you thought I was kidding:rolleyes:)
We'll just call this a "no host" ride. Sounds like a plan. The Ohio St access works for me since I can see it from my window.

DaveK
01-25-2013, 09:53 AM
@jrenault - Bear Rep. and Bells...two of the best IPAs in the world?
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/21201964.jpg

Don't get me wrong- they're both good (I just had 3x Bear's tonight) but for IPAs, you must head West (and/or south as the case may be).

Uh oh, it's on now.

We're going to have to do some extensive testing to get to the bottom of this.

Bilsko
01-25-2013, 10:15 AM
Hard to argue with someone about good/better/best beer.
I like my IPAs with a nice dry bit of piney hops (http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/2743/22505)

I'm also a fan of IPAs with more of a copper tone (http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/141/16403) (flavor, not color)

Also, Lagunitas IPA - but only on tap, only in a pitcher, and only at the Zeitgeist. (http://www.zeitgeistsf.com/)

consularrider
01-25-2013, 10:20 AM
Hard to argue with someone about [doing some extensive testing to get to the bottom of this] good/better/best beer.
[/URL]
Had to meld the previous two posts to get the right answer. ;)

KLizotte
01-25-2013, 10:37 AM
So who is gonna be the designated pedaler?

DaveK
01-25-2013, 12:26 PM
This is my big beer news: http://www.arlnow.com/2013/01/25/your-beermonger-milk-stout-nitro/

I don't generally like stouts but Milk Stout on nitro is absolutely sublime. Creamy and delicious. If you're ever in Longmont, CO, their tap room is awesome and on the weekends they have food trucks and live music.

ShawnoftheDread
01-25-2013, 12:41 PM
This is my big beer news: http://www.arlnow.com/2013/01/25/your-beermonger-milk-stout-nitro/

I don't generally like stouts but Milk Stout on nitro is absolutely sublime. Creamy and delicious. If you're ever in Longmont, CO, their tap room is awesome and on the weekends they have food trucks and live music.

Damn, now I'm thirsty but still at work.

sjclaeys
01-25-2013, 03:06 PM
I hope to join. Is the meeting spot at the top of the trail at Ohio or down at the access to the W&OD?

DismalScientist
01-25-2013, 03:37 PM
I hope to join. Is the meeting spot at the top of the trail at Ohio or down at the access to the W&OD?

ConsularRider's living room? :rolleyes:

Down by the trail would probably be easier. I'll be coming from across the Ohio St. bridge so I'll notice people one place or the other. As I am only coming from a block away, don't expect me early.

Bilsko
01-25-2013, 05:51 PM
Damn, now I'm thirsty but still at work.
I don't see a problem with this.

vvill
01-25-2013, 06:16 PM
Mmm. Stouts and porters are my favourite beers. Although I don't really discriminate too much. Arrowine is on one of my regular commuting routes too.

sjclaeys
01-25-2013, 08:01 PM
Not to get too off topic on a bike forum, but Stone's Enjoy By 2-15-13 is an outstanding double IPA. Good after a ride home in the snow.

baiskeli
01-25-2013, 08:28 PM

Next week's ride - Arlington to Longmont.

baiskeli
01-25-2013, 08:31 PM
for IPAs, you must head West (and/or south as the case may be).

For India Pale Ales, you can't go wrong with going to India.

And that reminds me of an amusing story, which I will happily share at Port City Tomorrow. See y'all there. I'm the guy with the greying Shaggy goatee (a true ones, sans 'stache). In fact, I need to an avatar here.

P.S. Look, it's me! Damn I look good in red and yellow.

Arlingtonrider
01-27-2013, 05:53 PM
Steve, Thanks so much for organizing this fun event yesterday. We had a great group. Consularrider, DismalScientist and Sjclaeys rode to Port City and several more of us joined them there. The brewery tour was interesting, and all of the beers were good!

Steve
01-27-2013, 06:34 PM
Steve, Thanks so much for organizing this fun event yesterday. We had a great group. Consularrider, DismalScientist and Sjclaeys rode to Port City and several more of us joined them there. The brewery tour was interesting, and all of the beers were good!

Thank you! And thanks to all who came. I had a great time and look forward to doing it again with more riders. The brewery tweeted a picture of the 2pm tour so I'll try to post it here tomorrow. You can find at least one HiViz jacket in the crowd.

Bilsko
01-28-2013, 08:40 AM
Not to get too off topic on a bike forum, but Stone's Enjoy By 2-15-13 is an outstanding double IPA. Good after a ride home in the snow.

I've seen this mentioned in a few places recently - been meaning to try it out. Now I just need to find it around town. Or ask my guy at MacArthur liquors to source some -- one of the benefits of buddying up with liquor store beer purveyors.

baiskeli
01-28-2013, 08:54 AM
Yes, thanks for organizing, Steve.

sjclaeys
01-28-2013, 09:01 AM
Yes, it was a great time, though I missed Baiskeli telling his amusing story related to IPAs. Thanks to Consularrider and DismalScientist for leading me there and back from Arlington.

Steve
01-28-2013, 11:49 AM
Picture from Port City's Twitter page.....can you spot Arlingtonrider, Consularrider, sjclaeys, and DismalScientist?

consularrider
01-28-2013, 12:07 PM
... You can find at least one HiViz jacket in the crowd.
That would be me! Thanks again for suggesting and organizing this.

baiskeli
01-28-2013, 12:59 PM
Yes, it was a great time, though I missed Baiskeli telling his amusing story related to IPAs. Thanks to Consularrider and DismalScientist for leading me there and back from Arlington.

Ah, yes, forgot that. It was actually a story related to India, not IPAs. Here it is.

My wife's uncle is from Manhattan. He's a grumpy old guy who thinks Manhattan is the center of the universe.

He came down here for our rehearsal dinner for our wedding, and was thrilled to see that it was at an Indian restaurant. "I love Indian food" he said. He lived near a street in New York that had 14 Indian restaurants in a row.

Digging in, he proclaimed that the Virginia Indian food was surprisingly satisfactory. "This is good. It's hard to find good Indian food outside of New York City."

Seeing my opportunity to knock him down from his Manhattan perch, I said "Uh, well, you can probably find good Indian food in India, don't you think?"

He was sufficiently humbled.

creadinger
01-28-2013, 01:20 PM
Seeing my opportunity to knock him down from his Manhattan perch, I said "Uh, well, you can probably find good Indian food in India, don't you think?"

Word on the street (from actual Indians) is that DC actually does have really good Indian restaurants. Rasika being one great example in the city. There are several other local gems that aren't high on the radar too. Manhattan-grouches annoy me. He should try going to London! I bet their Indian food blows Manhattan Indian food away. Chicken tikka masala is the national dish of England for chrissake!

DaveK
01-28-2013, 01:32 PM
Word on the street (from actual Indians) is that DC actually does have really good Indian restaurants. Rasika being one great example in the city. There are several other local gems that aren't high on the radar too. Manhattan-grouches annoy me. He should try going to London! I bet their Indian food blows Manhattan Indian food away. Chicken tikka masala is the national dish of England for chrissake!

Rasika is a great example of what's wrong with the food scene in the District. It's easy to find great food if you're willing to pay for it, but in lots of other place I'd be able to find that quality of food off a plastic tray without the fancy dining room. You can still get that in the suburbs (Vietnamese in Falls Church and Arlington, Korean in Annandale, Chinese in Rockville, Salvadoran... everywhere) but it's harder and harder to find in the city, at least in my neighborhood. Everything new that opens is $20 a plate table service, even on H Street (H&pizza and Shawafel being the exceptions).

creadinger
01-28-2013, 02:17 PM
Rasika is a great example of what's wrong with the food scene in the District. It's easy to find great food if you're willing to pay for it, but in lots of other place I'd be able to find that quality of food off a plastic tray without the fancy dining room. You can still get that in the suburbs (Vietnamese in Falls Church and Arlington, Korean in Annandale, Chinese in Rockville, Salvadoran... everywhere) but it's harder and harder to find in the city, at least in my neighborhood. Everything new that opens is $20 a plate table service, even on H Street (H&pizza and Shawafel being the exceptions).

How is $14 for an entree at Rasika "what's wrong with the food scene in the District"? For 4-5 star dining that's pretty freakin awesome if you ask me. Not only that, but I made reservations at the West End location for Saturday evening on Saturday morning. If you really want the plastic tray, you'd probably have to bring your own. Otherwise, what else do you want?

DaveK
01-28-2013, 03:45 PM
How is $14 for an entree at Rasika "what's wrong with the food scene in the District"? For 4-5 star dining that's pretty freakin awesome if you ask me. Not only that, but I made reservations at the West End location for Saturday evening on Saturday morning. If you really want the plastic tray, you'd probably have to bring your own. Otherwise, what else do you want?

Rasika itself isn't wrong, it's fantastic. I want more cheap, no-frills options with food that good and without the linen and atmosphere that I don't usually care about.

vvill
01-28-2013, 05:55 PM
I completely agree! Some cuisines that I used to take for granted in Australia tend to be more "boutique" here, such as Thai and Indian.

My favourite Indian place in DC is actually the one at the Union Station food court. Cash only (I think), good selection (not just butter chicken and tandoori), it's actually spicy, and definitely no frills. I hate bringing kids to a more upmarket place because you definitely do not get to enjoy the atmosphere, but you can still enjoy good food.

I have absolutely zero complaints about the price and quality of beer in the States though. I never thought that would be the case before moving here.

mstone
01-28-2013, 06:58 PM
I have absolutely zero complaints about the price and quality of beer in the States though. I never thought that would be the case before moving here.

The american beer jokes relate to the Bud/Miller/Coors American Lagers which account by themselves for well over half the production in the US (AB InBev itself is over 50%). But for some reason people overseas don't realize that there are more small brewers in the US (2000+) than anywhere else in the world. The hilarious thing is that AB InBev's is not an American company, and its growth is pretty much all from increasing sales of Bud overseas.

vvill
01-28-2013, 08:31 PM
Yeah I know that now :)

I had a friend in London who always preferred Bud and we taunted him mercilessly for it. I have to admit though it somehow tastes better overseas than what they supply in the USA. Same goes for KFC.

DaveK
01-29-2013, 09:32 AM
Yeah I know that now :)

I had a friend in London who always preferred Bud and we taunted him mercilessly for it. I have to admit though it somehow tastes better overseas than what they supply in the USA. Same goes for KFC.

It might have been Budweiser, not Budweiser.

http://www.trademarkandcopyrightlawblog.com/uploads/image/bud.png

vvill
01-29-2013, 05:49 PM
Unfortunately it was the one on the left.

baiskeli
01-30-2013, 09:19 AM
How can anyone not love a beer whose name three frogs can say?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVcbasIb8lQ

For me, that settles it. Get some toads to say "Optimator" or "Quadruple Mashed Imperial Stout" and maybe I'll change my mind.

baiskeli
01-30-2013, 09:21 AM

Yep. DC and New York too. My motivation was to knock my wife's uncle down a peg, not the cuisine of New York.