PDA

View Full Version : Giro G10 Snowboard Helmet in Matte Pewter, size Medium

krazygl00
10-08-2012, 12:28 PM
For winter riding! For sale is a Giro G10 Snowboard Helmet in Matte Pewter, size Medium. Brand new with tags, box, etc. I'm listing it here before it goes on Craigslist. Identical to this one (click for larger pic):

I'm in the "Alexandria West" area (Beauregard and Seminary) and work in Oakton, so I could meet in either of those places.

I bought this for cold-weather riding because it is insulated and has adjustable venting. As was discussed in this thread (http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showthread.php?2944-Never-too-early-for-winter-Snowboarding-Helmets), I bought a size L and a size M because I wasn't sure of the fit. Giros seem a bit inconsistent. I had a Giro Pneumo in size M that always felt too small. I have a Giro prolight in size L that is a bit too big (even with a cycling cap underneath). For me, with the G10 I chose the L, so I'm selling the M.

I'll let it go for exactly what I paid for it on Steep And Cheap, which is $63.99. Based on a quick search for "GIR0313-MATPT-L" this seems like it is still a pretty good price.

From the product description on backcountry.com (http://www.backcountry.com/giro-g10-helmet):

Low-profile freeride master.

The Giro G10 Helmet has been a freeride mainstay for years. The Giro G10’s low-profile shape and lightweight in-mold construction give you durability without bulk. Whether you're booting up or pointing it, adjust airflow on the fly with Giro’s Thermostat Control, which provides three easy-to-adjust ventilation settings.

In Form fit system provides up to 6cm of adjustment with the turn of a dial
Vertical tuning feature accommodates different goggles and head shapes for a custom fit, free of goggle gap
Thermostat Control gives you three ventilation settings
Super Cool™ vents pull cool, fresh air into the helmet while pushing heat and stale air out for temperature regulation
In-mold construction fuses the helmet’s outer shell to the impact-absorbing EPS liner for increased durability and reduced weight
Compatible with TuneUps

If I left any info out, or if you have any questions, post them here.