PDA

View Full Version : Tandem pilot needed -- Ride to Baltimore Sunday Sept. 30

Greenbelt
09-23-2012, 12:49 PM
Hi,

We're doing a fun-but-long ride from Proteus to Baltimore next Sunday, the 30th. We're leaving at 8am, going to take this route ( http://goo.gl/maps/wKhoF ) and will then go to Camden Park for for the Tour de Port festivities probably around 11am. Get some food and join the crowd (non-rider registration is $20 for Tour de Port, which supports Bike Maryland), and then head back to College Park at about 1pm probably.

It's a 2.5-3 hour ride each way, about 35 miles, and the roads on this route are really very nice, with limited traffic on weekends. We'll take a moderate, social pace and I'll sweep the the route.

We're looking for a tandem pilot for one of our regular riders. Deena is a very strong and skilled stoker -- she did RAGBRAI the ride across Iowa earlier this summer. However, her regular pilot can't do this coming Sunday, and she's hoping someone can fill in for this ride. (She can't ride solo -- she has very limited eyesight).

Anybody interested? I told her I'd pilot her if nobody volunteered, but I'd rather ride solo if possible! There's a possibility of doing a one-way ride (one of our regulars is driving up for Tour de Port and may have room to bring people and bikes back to College Park).

If so, let me know or just come to potluck Thursday night, or maybe just arrange to meet up with Deena earlier on Saturday and test stuff out, go over your routines etc.?

-Jeff