PDA

View Full Version : Invitation Specifically to Riders: Arlington Grand Loop Between 7AM-8:30AM daily

Fast Friendly Guy
10-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Hello Bike Arlington Users,

This is specifically addressed to anyone who uses the Arlington Grand Loop Trail between 7AM-8:30AM daily.

I’m Dave Pomeroy and I ride the full Grand Tour of Arlington trail(s) nearly every day, clockwise at 7 AM starting at East Falls Church and finishing at the same place around 8 AM. I see the same faces, commuters, cyclists, runners, walkers at about the same place on most days. I call them “Trailers” because I see them on the bike trail(s) that make up the Grand Loop. Most everyone nods, smiles, waves, says good morning, and I asked myself, “Who are these early morning commuters, athletes, and dog walkers?” Maybe some would be interested in more than a nanosecond of friendly interaction!

So I have identified a time and place where interested 7AM-8AM Arlington Grand Loop “Trailers” could meet, say “hi,” and put some names with those familiar faces:

Sunday October 24, 12:00 PM at the Aroma Restaurant, Shirlington Center
4052 S. Campbell Ave, Arlington, VA 22206
(703) 575-8800, http://www.aromarestaurant.com/va/

I have been passing out the attached invitation, flier, and map to the trailers I see in the morning. The problem is that some are going too fast to stop, others might be on a new schedule or be on travel, so I haven’t seen them to give them their invitation!

I’m not sure how this will turn out, so this time around, I am inviting specifically those who use the Arlington Grand Loop Trail between 7AM-8:30AM daily because these are the people I know and it will keep the size manageable.

Thank you,
repy to dpomeroy@marymount.edu,
Dave Pomeroy (Friendly Fast Orange Shirt Guy)