PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion

Jason
08-14-2012, 10:34 AM
I have a suggestion, not for the program but more for the riders: Stop weaving all over the place and riding like lunatics just because you ride in khakis/skirts instead of athletic gear. And quit the crazy ivans PLEASE!!!

Thank you.

jnva
08-14-2012, 10:38 AM
Doing a crazy Ivan on a bike would be an ELITE move.

GuyContinental
08-14-2012, 10:43 AM
I have a suggestion, not for the program but more for the riders: Stop weaving all over the place and riding like lunatics just because you ride in khakis/skirts instead of athletic gear. And quit the crazy ivans PLEASE!!!

Thank you.

So wait, non ELITE riders ride like a-holes too? Go figure...

KelOnWheels
08-14-2012, 11:04 AM
Stop weaving all over the place and riding like lunatics just because you ride in khakis/skirts instead of athletic gear.

Have you tried riding a bike in a skirt? It's not easy! ;)

rcannon100
08-14-2012, 11:33 AM
When you see a CABI doing a Crazy Ivan, it means its a tourist from Russia - you must give that Russian a wide berth. Then, move out west, marry a round American woman and raise rabbits.

Certifried
08-14-2012, 12:32 PM
When you see those types of riders, you have to let them know you're there. Use your bell to verify your range to target... one ping only.

KelOnWheels
08-14-2012, 12:39 PM
When you see those types of riders, you have to let them know you're there. Use your bell to verify your range to target... one ping only.

As an Irish-American, I am well qualified to play a Russian submarine cyclist.

ShawnoftheDread
08-14-2012, 01:13 PM
As an Irish-American, I am well qualified to play a Russian submarine cyclist.

No, no, you have to be Scottish. Because if it's not Scottish, it's crap.

DismalScientist
08-14-2012, 01:35 PM
Cycling in khakis is divine, the only way to experience biking. Skirts... those are the work of the devil, I tell you.:p

Certifried
08-14-2012, 01:50 PM
Cycling in khakis is divine, the only way to experience biking. Skirts... those are the work of the devil, I tell you.:p

that's experience talking, folks!

KelOnWheels
08-14-2012, 02:01 PM
Skirts... those are the work of the devil, I tell you.:p

People cycling about revealing their ANKLES! It's the End Times I tell you!

rcannon100
08-14-2012, 02:11 PM

Even if you are Scottish?

DismalScientist
08-14-2012, 02:14 PM
Sorry. Plain, striped and flowery skirts...those are the work of the devil, I tell you.:p

baiskeli
08-14-2012, 02:41 PM

I'm STILL giggling after reading this post. Well done.

Certifried
08-14-2012, 03:07 PM

And from now on, everyone who has read this post and hears a bicycle bell will hear that bell ring in Sean Connery's accent. *ping*

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

PotomacCyclist
08-14-2012, 03:30 PM
I posted this a while back, but Aston Martin has been slow to add radar guidance, non-lethal machine guns (with soft foam ammo) and sticky web torpedo launchers to their new Factor001 bike. But as soon as those become available, I'm getting those installed as add-ons. (Don't ask me how I plan to pay 25,000 for all of this...)

DaveK
08-14-2012, 03:30 PM

The devil does good work. I hear he's handy with a fiddle, too.

baiskeli
08-14-2012, 04:49 PM
And from now on, everyone who has read this post and hears a bicycle bell will hear that bell ring in Sean Connery's accent.

Yesh.

baiskeli
08-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Even if you are Scottish?

Yesh.

KelOnWheels
08-14-2012, 05:03 PM
*ping* Passhing on your lefsht.

rcannon100
08-14-2012, 07:48 PM
Okay, we were talking about creating some group swag. How about someone create a Hunt for Read October graphic, with a red CABI in place of the submarine. Underneath the logo can be our motto: "Conn, sonar! Crazy Ivan! "

Mikey
08-14-2012, 08:48 PM
having been a submarine officer, and having given orderes to sonar from the conn, I would like to be involved in the creation of this. Funny story, when onboard a submarine going out to sea, you are allowed to bring along an "underway cap" to wear in place of the uniform ship's ball cap. Some people brought a cap of their favorite ball club, I brought a Colonial Williamsburg Tri-corner hat. And once underway I learned that the Executive Officer really gets upset if you give orders from the Conn in a pirate voice whilst wearing a 'pirate hat'. "Helm, Sonar, Dive, Ti's be Leftenanant Essig -- the Deck and the Conn be Mine!". "Conn, Xo fix yourself!"

dbb
08-14-2012, 08:55 PM
Arghh!

08-15-2012, 05:01 AM

It depends on how short it is.

Dickie
08-15-2012, 07:33 AM
Do Kilts or sarongs count?

baiskeli
08-15-2012, 08:03 AM

I giggled some more this morning when I pinged some joggers.

GuyContinental
08-15-2012, 08:22 AM
having been a submarine officer, and having given orderes to sonar from the conn, I would like to be involved in the creation of this. Funny story, when onboard a submarine going out to sea, you are allowed to bring along an "underway cap" to wear in place of the uniform ship's ball cap. Some people brought a cap of their favorite ball club, I brought a Colonial Williamsburg Tri-corner hat. And once underway I learned that the Executive Officer really gets upset if you give orders from the Conn in a pirate voice whilst wearing a 'pirate hat'. "Helm, Sonar, Dive, Ti's be Leftenanant Essig -- the Deck and the Conn be Mine!". "Conn, Xo fix yourself!"

That rules.

I'll remind everyone that talk like a pirate day (http://www.talklikeapirate.com/) (Sept 19) is only a few short weeks away. Every year I come thisss close to getting divorced... maybe training our toddler to stomp around and fret about his wenches and dressing the baby up like a parrot was a step too far...

Jason
08-15-2012, 08:24 AM
That rules.

I'll remind everyone that talk like a pirate day (http://www.talklikeapirate.com/) (Sept 19) is only a few short weeks away. Every year I come thisss close to getting divorced... maybe training our toddler to stomp around and fret about his wenches and dressing the baby up like a parrot was a step too far...

No way I could get away with that. My wife wont even put up with my random Conan the Barbarian quotes said in Arnold's voice.

KelOnWheels
08-15-2012, 09:22 AM
maybe training our toddler to stomp around and fret about his wenches and dressing the baby up like a parrot was a step too far...

Man, if I had a baby I'd TOTALLY dress it up as a parrot for TLAPD! Then I'd stick it in a pannier and take it on the Metro.

Now where can I get a spare baby? :confused:

KelOnWheels
08-15-2012, 09:24 AM
It depends on how short it is.

So the other day I thought I'd run out at lunchtime and ride to the bank, only I didn't want to bother changing into the full-on bike kit.

I was pretty sure I could ride in the skirt I had on, so it didn't seem like a problem. It didn't occur to me that I can't get ON my bike in a skirt... :D

baiskeli
08-15-2012, 10:54 AM
That rules.

We should have Talk Like a Scottish Pirate Day. Or Talk Like a Scottish Captain of a Soviet Submarine Day.

Yesh!

ShawnoftheDread
08-15-2012, 12:12 PM
That rules.

My 3-year-old a couple of months ago: "I'm a pirate!"
Me: Oh, do you say "Arghhh!"?
Her: "No, I'm a girl pirate. Girl pirates say 'I'm pretty, I have a dress.'"

Jason
08-15-2012, 12:36 PM
so the other day i thought i'd run out at lunchtime and ride to the bank, only i didn't want to bother changing into the full-on bike kit.

I was pretty sure i could ride in the skirt i had on, so it didn't seem like a problem. It didn't occur to me that i can't get on my bike in a skirt... :d

yes we can!

KelOnWheels
08-15-2012, 01:04 PM
yes we can!

Oh no, we could not. We tried. We are sure we looked hiLARious. But we could not. :D

Jason
08-16-2012, 06:10 AM
We have HOPE!

Mikey
08-16-2012, 08:20 AM
Oh no, we could not. We tried. We are sure we looked hiLARious. But we could not. :D
I see London I see France?