PDA

View Full Version : Handlebars $10 or trade

Amalitza
07-07-2012, 11:13 AM
I have a box of used road bike handlebars. Long story. They all look used (have markings from being mounted on a bike, tape remnants, etc) but not dented, bent or otherwise damaged. I believe they are all aluminum. $10 each or will trade for any drop handlebar narrower than 40cm.

I’ll also consider buying a narrower-than-40cm handlebar if you have one you’d like to get rid of, but don’t want one of mine. Not looking to spend much money, though, so i’m not interested in high-end expensive carbon racing bars or anything. I just want to find something that will let me stay on my new-to-me first-ever road bike long enough to learn to ride it before trying to customize it to my (as yet unknown) riding style. (my current riding style is very well customized to my current hybrid, I’m sure I will sit differently on the road bike) The 42cm handlebars on the bike are definitely too wide, and I got a selection of 40cm in the box to try out, but I’m pretty sure the narrower the better. My shoulders appear to be freakishly narrow :rolleyes: (I mean, I am 5’1”, so...).

Scott Drop Anatomic 42cm
Bontrager Race VR-S 40cm
Bontrager VR-C 40cm (x 2)

OneEighth
07-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Just checking---you are looking for road bars not track bars, right? ie, something you can clamp STI's onto?

Amalitza
07-10-2012, 08:13 AM
ie, something you can clamp STI's onto?

yes, correct

DaveK
07-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Ooh I want those Wing Compacts for my cross bike. Love those bars. I'll PM you.

I have a set of older 3T ergo-bend bars sitting around that I wouldn't ask for a trade as they're definitely well-used, but I can bring them in case you want to try them.

Amalitza
08-08-2012, 07:50 AM
Adding the 40cm ones to the list. Got a 38-- that is definitely my size :) (I'm still happy to trade for 38s to try out different geometries/have options)

Bontrager Race VR-S 40cm
Bontrager VR-C 40cm (x 2)