PDA

View Full Version : Sea2Sea.org Sea to Sea foundation ride TOMORROW, July 3rd.

Dirt
07-02-2012, 11:09 AM
http://www.sea2sea.org/images/finalride.jpg

Hey folks. I just found this. http://www.sea2sea.org Their mission: The Sea2Sea Foundation is bicycling 4,200 miles to raise national and international awareness of our soldiers’ sacrifices, the sacrifices of their families, their friends and their communities in answering the call to war since September 11, 2001. Our cycling team departed from Brize Norton, Oxfordshire England on April 21, 2012 to cycle across the continental United States. We will return to Oxfordshire on July 8, 2012.

We have the opportunity ride the last leg from Fort Hunt into Crystal City. I'm going to ride to Woodbridge and ride up from there to make a day of it.

Check out the web site. Donate if that moves you. Please join us for the ride if it makes you happy. If you sign up for the ride (sign up is free) you can get all the details for the ride.

Let me know if you have questions. :D

Pete

Here's the schedule:

10:30 am -11:00 am Meeting Point for Cyclists (Push off at 11:00 am)

Mt. Vernon Cycling Trail
3200 Mount Vernon Memorial Highway,
Mount Vernon, VA
Map

Optional vehicle parking at Mount Vernon High School, then cycle to the meeting point above.

Mount Vernon High School
8515 Old Mount Vernon Road
Alexandria, VA 22309
Map

11:00 am-1:00 pm Cycle from the start of the trail to the Crystal City Buffalo Wild Wings along the Mount Vernon Cycling Trail

2450 Crystal Drive,
Arlington, VA 22202
Map

1:00-3:00 pm Lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings - sponsored by First Command Financial Services for the riders.

Dirt
07-02-2012, 11:13 AM
I may have a friend who is driving to Woodbridge to do the whole day's ride. If you'd like to help him out by shuttling him back down there to get the car, he'd give you a lift down there. He's got room for 1 person and 1 bike in his car.

No big deal if you don't want to help there. I volunteered to ride down after and pick up his car.

If you want to do the whole thing with me, it will likely be in the 85-100 mile range for the day. I can share that info with you. You'll want a cross bike for this as some of the trail I'm riding down there is dirt. (CCT).

Thanks!

Pete

Pete

Arlingtonrider
07-02-2012, 11:21 AM
I'm definitely up for part of this ride. Am signed up and will meet up with the group somewhere north of Mt. Vernon along the MVT.

DaveK
07-02-2012, 12:24 PM
Only working two days this week but tomorrow is one of them. Sounds really cool though - have fun!

Certifried
07-02-2012, 03:49 PM
Just dropped my bike off at the LBS with a broken spoke and wobbly rim :( Otherwise I'd totally be in (being a disabled vet and all)

consularrider
07-04-2012, 10:35 AM
Do we have a ride report? I couldn't make it because I had to be in a meeting at work from 10 - 11 am.

Dirt
07-04-2012, 10:44 AM
Amazing day. I haven't had time to write anything up. I need to. I will later today or tonight.