PDA

View Full Version : June 9th Seersucker Social Ride

acc
06-01-2012, 06:02 PM
1141Because:
1. There is life beyond a lycra tankini masquerading as swim/bike/run wear.
2. I’m sick of jumping out of a pool, tearing off my rubber wetsuit and slamming on my bike shoes/helmet to the amusement of the senior citizen aquatic fitness class. 1139
3. I’m certain the ability to strip off the rubber suit is a life skill I will use someday. And I’m also certain I will never, ever write about how it figured into my recreational pursuits.
4. As much as I adore my bungee cord running shoes in all their hideous tarnished gold and tawdry purple glory, I’d get a whole lot of satisfaction setting them on fire. 1140
Furthermore:
1. There’s more to life than Garmin split times, Strava nonsense, Double-Misery-Dare 200’s.
2. It’s possible to ride a bike wearing normal people clothing.
3. It’s fun to ride a bike in a skirt.
4. It’s delirious to ride a bike in heels, skirt, and a fancy hat.1142
Therefore:
1. Come out to the Seersucker Ride on June 9th. http://dandiesandquaintrelles.com/2012/04/the-seersucker-social-is-set-for-june-9th-save-the-date-and-start-planning-your-look/

2. It’s all about the competitive badminton.

eminva
06-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Only if I can ride my 1970's bike (with shifters on the downtube as God intended) and wear my salute to Stevie Nicks.

Liz

Arlingtonrider
06-01-2012, 07:44 PM
So many fun things going on that weekend - Clarendon Cup, Crystal Ride and Cup, Tinner Hill Blues and a ride followed by competitive croquet on the beautiful grounds of Hillwood too?! How to decide . . .

acc
06-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Only if I can ride my 1970's bike (with shifters on the downtube as God intended) and wear my salute to Stevie Nicks.

Liz

That's fine, I am more partial to Chrissie Hynde anyway.