PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever go to the bike co-op in Alexandria?

Terpfan
01-25-2012, 10:01 AM
Curious if the folks who volunteer are knowledgeable/helpful? I was thinking of dropping by after some work travel to work on my bike. I don't trust myself not to screw something up without someone telling me how.

Terpfan
01-25-2012, 10:01 AM
Curious if the folks who volunteer are knowledgeable/helpful? I was thinking of dropping by after some work travel to work on my bike. I don't trust myself not to screw something up without someone telling me how.

I should add that I read they're moving to Del Ray soon. Not a big difference for me either way.

txgoonie
01-26-2012, 12:11 PM
Latest word was that they'd be out of the Union St. space by the end of January.

http://velocitycoop.org/?p=1018

New addy:
2111 Mt. Vernon Ave., Alexandria, VA 22301

That's right down the street from me, so I'll check it out once they get up and running.

dbb
01-26-2012, 01:12 PM
I bought my beater bike (1990's Peugeot with winter tires) there last summer. At the time, we had an intern in the office who was quite the rider and he was volunteering there in the evenings. He spoke highly of the crew and I found them cordial and capable.

The great thing about these shops is that you can learn to do many things on your own.