PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Eve Ride

Arlingtonrider
12-22-2011, 02:37 PM
PPTC has a relaxed and fun sounding ride listed for Dec 24 -- I know for certain that all are welcome, regardless of PPTC membership.

"D/C (F) * 24 * VA * 10:15 AM * Theodore Roosevelt Island, VA

Waterskiing Santa and National Harbor Christmas Decorations.

Another Ride-To-Eat™ production! Join us at 10:15 am (for a 10:30 am departure) on a ride down the Potomac to National Place where we will lunch at Baja Fresh, and then see the waterskiing Santa with his elves, and (rumor has it) a “bah humbug!” malefactor looking to cause trouble! After observing the on-the-water activities, we’ll check out the Gaylord National Resort atrium. The décor is said to include a 65-foot tall Christmas tree made of synthetic “candy” glass, sparkling icicles lighting up the 20-story atrium, a miniature Potomac Express Train Village and much more. Leader rides a slow "C" pace; all levels welcome. It would be wise to bring a helmet, water, bike lock, and money for lunch. If raining, or if the temperature is below 45 degrees, the leader is very likely to cancel this ride. Check the "Ride News" forum on the PPTC website for last-minute cancellation news. If you can’t access the "Ride News" forum, you may email the Ride Leader. Ride Leader: Ron Trueworthy [Ron.Trueworthy@Yahoo.com.] "

KLizotte
12-22-2011, 02:54 PM
This looks like fun; I may do this presuming I get out of bed in time. :p