PDA

View Full Version : Accident Near Arlington Central Library

rcannon100
11-07-2011, 02:03 PM
ArlNow is reporting on a cyclist accident near Arlington Central Library. http://www.arlnow.com/2011/11/07/road-closed-after-bicyclist-struck-by-car/comment-page-1/

I am wondering if this part of the road is where the lane lines were removed. At some point all lane lines and bike lanes and everything was removed in the name of repaving. Only repaving hasnt happened, leaving essentially a naked road and a dangerous situation as cars wander around the surface not aware of where they are suppose to be. Someone needs to buy a clue that removing the lane lines should be one of the last things you do before repaving

acc
11-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Terrible news. I ride in and out of that library frequently. Any further information is appreciated.

ann

Mark Blacknell
11-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Thanks for posting about this. I rolled by after everyone had pretty much packed up, so didn't get too much info. It's definitely not where the bike lanes were removed (and they'll be coming back shortly, btw).

The ARLnow pics reveal that it was definitely more than a tap, given the windshield impact. On the other hand, the bike seemed pretty straight, so probably not high speed.