PDA

View Full Version : January BAC Meeting Cancelled

Henry
01-05-2018, 02:45 PM
BAC Members:

Please be advised the January 8 meeting of the Arlington Bicycle Advisory Committee (https://commissions.arlingtonva.us/bicycle-advisory-committee/) has been cancelled. The next scheduled meeting is set for February 5, 2018.

Any inquiries from BAC members should be directed to Bill Roberts, Transportation Planning Supervisor, (wroberts@arlingtonva.us) or Shelley Peart, Transportation Planning & Capital Project Management (TPCPM) Bureau Chief (speart@arlingtonva.us).

dasgeh
01-05-2018, 04:02 PM
FYI I've reached out to Shelley and Bill. I have heard nothing. I have still not heard anything about the Charter.

Starduster
01-05-2018, 07:58 PM
May I ask *who* cancelled the meeting?

Starduster
01-05-2018, 08:00 PM
Sorry (NOT sorry)- I'm pissed. Has the existing committee been fired? And does he *have* that authority?

Starduster
01-05-2018, 10:07 PM
From Schwartz's letter: "... eleven members are not representatives of an organization or civic association." Is being the representative of a local business (Papillon Cycles) *not* adequate? If it is not, then I'm not sure I want to be a part of *his* committee.

dasgeh
01-06-2018, 12:20 PM
May I ask *who* cancelled the meeting?I would email Shelley and Bill to ask who and why. They have not responded to me

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

dasgeh
01-06-2018, 12:21 PM
(For thow who didn't see this on the other thread) Two events of note:

- those of us with some free time Monday night will meet at 7pm at Clarendon Presbyterian Church (the address is 1305 N Jackson St, but the bike parking and entrance are off of Irving, just a block n of Liberty Tavern)

- the PAC is meeting this Wednesday and will discuss two items that will likely be of interest to BAC members (From the PAC chair):

PACers and other ped-friendly readers*

Please join me at the first*meeting*of the Pedestrian Advisory Committee (PAC) of 2018 – on Wednesday, January 10, from 7-9 PM in the Dogwood & Cherry Rooms of Courthouse Plaza, 2100 Clarendon Boulevard.*

We will have two main speakers:

Mark Schwartz, County Manager, FY 2019 County Budget – pedestrian items of interest and the Manager’s role in the structure and management of the PACEric Cassel, President, Friends of Long Bridge Park, The Long Bridge Park Bike-Ped Connection

We will also have a brief update on pedestrian crashes from Lt Daniel Murphy.

The complete draft meeting agenda is*here.

dasgeh
01-08-2018, 10:26 AM
(For thow who didn't see this on the other thread) Two events of note:

- those of us with some free time Monday night will meet at 7pm at Clarendon Presbyterian Church (the address is 1305 N Jackson St, but the bike parking and entrance are off of Irving, just a block n of Liberty Tavern)

- the PAC is meeting this Wednesday and will discuss two items that will likely be of interest to BAC members (From the PAC chair):

PACers and other ped-friendly readers*

Please join me at the first*meeting*of the Pedestrian Advisory Committee (PAC) of 2018 – on Wednesday, January 10, from 7-9 PM in the Dogwood & Cherry Rooms of Courthouse Plaza, 2100 Clarendon Boulevard.*

We will have two main speakers:

Mark Schwartz, County Manager, FY 2019 County Budget – pedestrian items of interest and the Manager’s role in the structure and management of the PACEric Cassel, President, Friends of Long Bridge Park, The Long Bridge Park Bike-Ped Connection

We will also have a brief update on pedestrian crashes from Lt Daniel Murphy.

The complete draft meeting agenda is*here.

Sent from my SM-G935U using TapatalkThe weather outside is... Potentially frightful.*

As of now, I'm planning on being at the Church tonight, and we're adding a call-in for those who would like to attend via phone.

Call-in number:*(515) 604-9713

Conference code: 341301

If the in-person option is cancelled, we'll let you know.

Starduster
01-08-2018, 05:48 PM
Will be there by phone.