PDA

View Full Version : FS: Very high mileage, well maintained Schwinn Fastback CX - 50cm - $500 obo

PrintError
09-27-2011, 10:44 AM
I know it's a long shot, but I hate seeing my beloved old commuter just collecting cobwebs.

2006 Schwinn Fastback CX cyclocross bike, 52cm
14,000+ miles on the frame, minor wear and tear only
Like-new Easton wheels at 11,000, recently checked after getting rear-ended by a Kia. Wheels are straight and true, hubs were undamaged. Damn things are indestructible.
BRAND new 0 mile Specialized All-Condition tires, came on the new roadie
BRAND new 0 mile Specialized saddle - looks identical to my 14k mile broken-in Avatar, came on the new roadie
I have all maintenance records for actual mileages, but the crankset and cassette are relatively new and just fine, chain is about halfway through its life. Derailleurs are both original but work just fine, might be due for a tuneup and may be due for new shifter cables. I can provide all of the mileage records for the components if needed. Drivetrain is a 105/Tiagra mix, crank is a 53/39 upgrade. Would be happy to double check anything for an interested party.

Bike has as many nicks and scratches as you would expect on a daily driver, but overall is in phenomenal condition. I was meticulous about cleaning and maintenance throughout its entire life, and though I rode it hard through rain/sleet/snow/hot/cold/everything, it never once let me down and I always took good care of it. Originally purchased in May 2007 for $1,200, and ridden quite literally EVERY workday from then until I picked up the new bike in May 2011. I'll hate to see it go, but I would much rather it be ridden and loved than collect cobwebs.

http://www.hiwtc.com/products/2006-schwinn-fastback-cx-road-bike-807-2437.htm <-- factory info, color is the same electric blue as the photo

katman
10-13-2011, 04:31 PM
Hi I have a question for you but sorry not about buying your bike. I just bought a 06 fastback cx frame and I cannot figure out what size seatpost it takes. Everything on the web says 31.6 mm but I tried a 30.9 mm seatpost I happened to have and it is too large. I think the specs were changed somewhere along the way but it didn't get to the Web. Can you tell me what diameter seatpost yours has? I would appreciate your help, thanks.

StopMeansStop
10-13-2011, 06:28 PM
Damn, I wish you would have been selling this in May. Sounds perfect for me, but I bought the Surly already