PDA

View Full Version : Local welding/brazing

honestmachinery
07-03-2017, 04:44 PM
Any recommendations for a local who can braze a few things onto a 531 steel frame? I have an unpainted frame, and some requirements for which zip ties and clamps will not suffice.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

DismalScientist
07-04-2017, 08:06 PM
Try Bruce near East Falls Church. He advertises on Craigslist. He fixed a broken rear dropout on my Trek 620.

anomad
07-04-2017, 08:49 PM
Paging forum member Vicegrip to the white courtesy phone. Mr. Vicegrip to the white courtesy phone please.

huskerdont
07-18-2017, 08:41 AM
I have an unpainted frame, and some requirements for which zip ties and clamps will not suffice.

Sounds like a job for Q.

honestmachinery
07-18-2017, 09:03 AM
Sounds like a job for Q.
But of course...

Bruce the welder took care of it, tig-welding seatpost clamp "ears" to the frame. Could not use a collar, and quill seatposts are deservedly rare.

huskerdont
07-18-2017, 09:06 AM
But of course...

Bruce the welder took care of it, tig-welding seatpost clamp "ears" to the frame. Could not use a collar, and quill seatposts are deservedly rare.

I was really hoping for something more nefarious, perhaps something justifying the Secret Service closing Lafayette Park more often. Rocket launchers and such.

honestmachinery
07-18-2017, 11:31 AM
I was really hoping for something more nefarious, perhaps something justifying the Secret Service closing Lafayette Park more often. Rocket launchers and such.
There will be dangerous jury-rigging and questionable fashion choices.