PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Chrome Citizen

Jsnyd
09-15-2011, 09:38 PM
I've been shopping around for a chrome bag and I hear they go pretty quick once posted on the web. I can imagine why. There are a few in my shop but I don't have enough hours to get a decent discount yet. I'm specifically looking for a citizen bag in anything but black. I'd be more incline to do business through here then CL.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.845359,-76.949855

CCrew
09-16-2011, 07:40 AM
As the owner of one I can say that you'd have to pry it from my cold dead hands :)

There's value in buying one new - Mine's 2, maybe 3 years old. It's used every day in all weather. Recently the buckle has started to rust. I dropped them a message, and they're replacing the bag. How's that for customer service?

hencio
09-16-2011, 08:04 AM
Recently the buckle has started to rust. I dropped them a message, and they're replacing the bag. How's that for customer service?
I totally forgot about the lifetime warranty. I have ridden in the rain with mine often over the past three years and my buckle is rusty as well. I figured that was just considered wear and tear. The bag is pretty bombproof, I'd be happy if they just replaced the rusty buckle.

jabberwocky
09-16-2011, 08:35 AM
Man, I'll have to drop them a line. I have two of the Metropolis bags, and the oldest is definitely beat up and has some rust and such. I used the crap out of it and didn't mind replacing it, but if they have that good a warranty I should drop them a line.

Chrome makes a damn good bag. I've been delighted with both of mine.

jrenaut
09-16-2011, 09:50 AM
I've only had my Chrome bag since June, but have used it almost every day. If you put it back on the shelf next to the new ones, I don't think anyone would notice.

jrenaut
09-22-2011, 01:28 PM
For the next couple days TheClymb.com (http://www.theclymb.com/) has big discounts on Chrome Falcon ($70) and Romer ($60) bags if anyone is interested. It's sort of an invite-only site, but PM me and I can if it doesn't let you join on your own.