PDA

View Full Version : July 17 convoy towards the west

Steve O
06-24-2016, 09:01 AM
Hi all,

On Sunday, July 17, I will be leaving on my ride to Pittsburgh. If anyone would like to accompany me on the first few miles or the entire first day (or the whole ride for that matter) or anything in between, I would love to have your company.

I intend to leave from near East Falls Church in the morning (exact time TBD), ride the W&OD to Leesburg and then take White's Ferry across the river to the C&O, continuing to Harper's Ferry.

I'll determine an exact start time and meet-up location at some point with a second meetup at Green Lizard if there is interest.

Steve O
07-13-2016, 09:14 AM
Hello friends (and puppy owners),

If you would like to join me for the first mile, or the first 30 miles...or all the way to Harpers Ferry, I would love that. Meet up at the beginning or along the way, or join for coffee at Green Lizard, whatever works for you.

Details:
Sunday morning, July 17 - Day 1 of my ride to Pittsburgh

8:15 AM - Depart basketball court at W&OD at Sycamore street (by the connector path to the EFC Metro station)
10:00 AM - Depart Green Lizard Cycling & Coffee (Herndon)
11: something - rest/snack stop in Leesburg
Cross Potomac River at White's Ferry to the C&O towpath
1:00-ish - Lunch at Point of Rocks
Continue after lunch to Harpers Ferry

I believe at least one small group is planning to ride out about 50 miles to make their day into a century ride upon their return.

Hope to see you Sunday!
Steve

jrenaut
07-13-2016, 09:24 AM
Don't think I'll be able to join you, but wanted to voice my support for this concept and my jealousy at your ride. Enjoy!