PDA

View Full Version : Bluemont Neighborhood (Arlington, VA) celebrates new CABI stations Saturday 2/27/2016

arlmom
02-24-2016, 03:48 PM
Please come join in celebrating the opening of two new Capital Bikeshare stations in our neighborhood. Let's appreciate that the stations were selected in line with our recommendations and our consultations with our neighbors. These stations are the western most stations in Arlington to date, providing a link to future stations planned in Westover and further west.

WHEN: Saturday, February 27 at 9:00 a.m.

WHERE: Corner of North Illinois Street and Wilson Boulevard, Arlington, Virginia

WHAT: Celebrate new Capital Bikeshare stations at Illinois & Wilson and at Frederick Street & Washington Boulevard.

EVENTS:

9:00 a.m. Coffee and conversation at Illinois and Wilson. Admire & try out the new bikeshare station!

9:20 a.m. Group bicycle ride to Frederick Street and Washington Boulevard. Use one of the Capital Bikeshare bikes, bring your own bike, or make your own way as you wish.

9:30 a.m. Arrive North Frederick Street and Washington Boulevard. Admire & try out the new Capital Bikeshare station!

9:45 a.m. All done. Your day is off to a great start!

Hope to see you there!

baiskeli
02-24-2016, 06:29 PM
Cool. So this means all the vitriol over the neighborhood not liking the original proposed locations was overblown. I do hope the next expansion makes it out to Bluemont/Bon Air Park somehow.

Steve O
02-27-2016, 07:22 AM
I went this morning. About 20 people came out to see the two new stations in the neighborhood.

At Illinois & Wilson Blvd.

Convoying to the other one:

Lacey Woods Park - Washington and Frederick

DrP
06-02-2016, 09:27 PM
Well, last year when the Lacy Woods station was mentioned as possible, I claimed I would join if it occurred (http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showthread.php?9420-Proposed-stations-in-Westover-Village&p=126296#post126296). I did actually join last Saturday since I was taking my old bike in for a brake replacement (Soooo much better now. No matter how much I or the bike shop fiddled with the old ones, I wasn't stopping well and apparently they were touching the wheel regularly and causing me not to go well either) and needed to get home from the shop in Clarendon. Worked well for a pick-up today too. So convenient. Sure, the bikes aren't super fast and the brakes vary from bike to bike, but it was so easy to bike there and back. I will definitely be using this for trips to the metro station (should it be a period where the orange line is actually functioning), and perhaps light shopping - parking is not fun in Clarendon.